Vacancy title: Financial Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Okavango Foods Limited
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to assist in the Finance department in coordinating and implementing the objectives and procedures of the general accounts operations. The job holder shall ensure good record keeping, financial and management reporting in the Company. He or she should therefore have strong numeracy and analytical abilities. He/she should also possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding and conversant with accounting package preferably ERP Next
• Day-to-day supervision of the accounting staff to ensure record keeping, financial and management reporting in OFL.
• Preparing daily cash flow statements for management based on daily bank balances.
• Ensuring timely preparation of bank reconciliations.
• Preparing consolidated financial performance reports monthly for management decision making
• Preparing quarterly and monthly variance reports
• Preparing statements of expenditure monthly for the information of the Managing Director.
• Checking and verifying all payments to ensure that they have required accompanying documents and for correctness and approvals before processing payment.
• Ensuring preparation of staff Payroll and payment of correct salaries on due dates and that statutory (PAYE, NAPSA, NHIMA) and other deductions are effected.
• Ensuring timely payments to suppliers and other general payments when funds are available based on the planned sequence.
• Checking that all requisitions for payments are accrued, signed and posted on the Pastel Accounting system or ERPNEXT before they are paid in order to reflect all the liabilities that are due.
• Verifies accounting data held in Pastel System or ERPNEXT journals, before it is posted to ledgers.
• Supporting the Managing Director in the preparation of budgets and financial reports.
• Ensuring budget monitoring to ensure expenditure is maintained according to the approved budget.
• Ensuring maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
• Producing timely and accurate accounts, together with explanatory reports to the Board and for auditing purposes and presents these when required.
• Ensuring that all financial procedures and systems conform to standing financial instructions and national legislation.
• Performing any other duties in line with the job and qualifications as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Academic and professional qualifications:
• Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
• A minimum ZICA Licentiate, Advanced Diploma ACCA/CIMA
• Part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
• At least two (2) years post qualifying experience
• Licentiate Member of ZICA.
Required competencies/Personal qualities:
• Good numeracy and analytical abilities
• Good planning and organisation abilities
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal relations
• Must be conversant with Microsoft products
• Experience in using an ERP accounting package preferably ERP Next will be an added advantage
• Lead time of posting source documents (invoices, debit notes) in the accounting software.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send ONLY their application letter and Curriculum Vitae at this point on or before the due date 31st July, 2022. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications must be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Okavango Foods Limited
Plot 7817, Kansokomona Road,
OR Send by e-mail to: email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.