Jobs at:ZCCM Investments Holdings
Deadline of this Job:
15 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ZCCM Investments Holdings PLC is an investments holdings company with diversified interests in mining, energy, and other sectors of the Zambian economy. The Company’s majority shareholder is the Industrial Development Corporation Ltd (IDC), an investment company wholly owned by the Zambian Government and the rest of the shareholders are institutional and private shareholders spread across the world.
The vision of the Company is “To be a World class investment holding company with a focus on mining”.
The Company “wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons who are innovative, energetic and performance driven to fill the following vacancies:
Job Title : Financial Accountant
Job Grade : Zh4
Department : Finance
To oversee the period financial reporting required for external and internal reporting. Collects and analyses financial data, ensuring that all reporting is in compliance with International Financial
Reporting Standards and applicable regulatory guidelines.
Key result areas principal accountabilities (main duties)
• Processing Manages timely processing of payments in order to facilitate procurement of goods and services and meet the company financial obligations.
• Ensure correct revaluation of foreign denominated accounts and balances at each reporting period Statutory obligations Provides tax planning advice with reference to current legislation, as well as tax issues associated with business mergers and acquisitions
• Compliance with all statutory and tax requirements such as PAYE, WHT, NHI, VAT, NAPSA etc.
• Ensures that reports, fillings and documentation complies with the Group’s regulations, professional standards, Companies Act,
• Public Finance Management Act, Securities Act and GAAP reporting guidelines.
• Reconciliation Review all reconciliations of General Ledger balances to subledgers and reconciles financial discrepancies by analyzing accounts.
• Prepares group/ company financial statements such as such as half yearly, annual and other financial reports in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
• Prepares tax returns for onward submission to tax authorities.
• Takes responsibility of all other external financial reports from subordinates and ensures that they are signed off by Finance Manager.
• Analyses, interprets and communicates financial operating results to provide information and guidance to departments and managements.
• Provides group financial forecasting and risk analysis.
• Group Oversight Support the Financial Manager reporting & analysis, in the preparation, report, and review of monthly, quarterly reporting of the ZCCM-IH group tax position.
• Takes ownership for the year-end reporting and assisting with the
• Group financial statement audit process.
• Works with subsidiaries to resolve findings on financial matters and reports to management on the status of the Group Internal Audit
• Correction Grid on a monthly basis.
• Ensures that consistent and standardized processes exist across the ZCCM-IH group regarding the preparation of annual reports and other external reporting.
• Compliance with accounting standards, policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures that accounting/treatment of all transactions are in compliance with IAS, IFRS, group policies and applicable tax laws.
• Serves as subject matter expert for accounting questions and valuation, audit matters.
• Ensures that any changes in the company/ group’s circumstances, legislation, regulations, financial reporting standards and policies are incorporated in the systems and processes across the ZCCM- IH group.
• External and internal audit
• Provides an annual audit plan (AGM Roadmap) by June of every year.
• Manages group/ company internal and external audits and provides requested information/ including addressing audit matters timely.
• Provides financial information to management by compiling and presenting reports, strategic plans and financial statements
• Other responsibilities Manages subordinate staff in day to day performance of their work
• Preforms other responsibilities as assigned.
• Finance Manager – Reporting & Analysis
• Other Jobs Reporting to 3.4.4(a) above:
• Number and level of immediate subordinates:
a) Professional Qualification:
a) Five (05) ‘O’ Levels
b) Full professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA
c) Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy will be an added advantage
d) Professional Membership
Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
f) 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
a. Communication and interpersonal skills
b. Analytical skills
c. Computer skills
d. Coaching / delegation skills
e. Drive and enthusiasm with a can-do attitude
h) d) Other Attributes (Personality Traits)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36 12:00:00 AM Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications together with copies of certificates and detailed curriculum vitae should reach the undersigned not later than Wednesday 15th June 2022.
Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc
ZCCM IH Office Park, Alick Nkhata Road
P O Box 30040
Alternatively, forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.