Vacancy title: Financial Analyst/Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Logistics Company
Deadline of this Job:
07 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, February 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Company: An infant logistics company that provides customized e-commerce and freight solutions for individuals, small and large businesses. We are looking for an individual to fill the role of Financial Analyst. They will be responsible for the day to day accounting operations as well analyzing and reporting the company’s finances.
1. Ensure daily updates of QuickBooks with transactions from all sources i: e bank accounts, Mobile Money, etc.
2. Track all accounts payable, Account’s receivables and reconcile payments made in: Bank, Mobile Money Deposits – Checks, cash etc.
3. Execute concierge purchase requests within 15 minutes from when notified and follow up on them to ensure to cancellations or processing issues occur.
4. Create customer invoices in a timely manner for prompt payment of fees due, where needed.
5. Create receipts for delivered items or payments.
6. Review periodically to ensure that all payments received via third party payment processors are what are being deposited into our accounts.
7. Review company’s monthly payroll and prepare monthly payroll statutory deductions such as NHIMA, NABSA and PAYE for payment within statutory deadlines.
8. Key contact on all local laws and regulations for tax and compliance purposes.
9. Preparing quarterly VAT and PAYE returns and submitting these within statutory deadlines.
10. Work with all third-party payment processors to resolve payment issues in a prompt manner and create an internal ticket to track until resolved.
11. Overall month end closure activities, including various reconciliations to ensure that financial reports are submitted to the group within 8 working days of the month end.
12. Ensure all utility payments, leases, loans, insurance policies are paid on time to avoid penalties.
13. Preparation of annual/monthly budget and assess expenditure to determine where opportunities may exist for cost saving.
14. Generate weekly analysis report of P&L and balance sheet per shipment.
15. Develop a system to effectively track outstanding customers payments.
16. Ensure financial projections for income are exceeded while expenses are minimized.
17. Monitoring of the prepared budgets to ensure that spend is per budget, as well as analyzing and explaining causes of variances / deviations, if any, from budgeted figures.
18. Ensure funds are always available to facilitate quick shipments of imports along with necessary customs and clearing fees.
19. Work with other teams and management to achieve company goal of ensuring payments are made through payment processor.
20. Where necessary, work hand in hand with other departments to purchase, update, process, ship, clear and deliver packages.
• Minimum Diploma in Accounting
• ACCA/CIMA/ZICA holder with 2 or more years of experience
• Knowledgeable in Accounting software, especially QuickBooks/ Excel.
• Strong financial management skills.
• High level of professionalism and integrity, with good moral character
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
• Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.