Financial Chartered Accountant
Jobs at:Hungry Lion
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, July 25 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who We AreOperating in multiple African countries, with over 260 quick-service restaurants (QSR) and plans to double that within the next 3 years, Hungry Lion strives to provide high-quality products at affordable prices in a modern fast-food environment.We are a young, fun, dynamic, and GROWING company full of opportunities with little to no corporate politics. Our mandate is to enlist intelligent, creative, and hard-working people who are prepared for a challenge and want to be part of building something EXTRAORDINARY.THE OPPORTUNITYWe have an opportunity for an experienced Financial Chartered Accountant to join our Finance team. The purpose of this role is to proactively ensure that all relevant Hungry Lion financial information is provided timeously for analytical and audit purposes. Monthly financial reporting and the completion of tax returns for the relevant tax authority within the required deadlines (also considered for analytical and audit purposes).
• Tax compliance checks and investigations.
• Reconciliation of taxes to statement of accounts from Revenue Authorities.
• Reconciliations for Payroll: comparing payroll data to general ledger entries and posting corrections where needed (i.e. Balance Sheet and Income Statement reconciliations).
• Fixed asset register: creating assets, doing monthly recon between fixed asset register and GL entries, and doing depreciation runs on the system.
• Bank reconciliations: Sales, Salaries and suppliers’ bank accounts, identify where reconciling items exist, inquire about differences and adjust for differences.
• Petty cash, fuel cards and Buying card reconciliations
• Assist with monthly VAT submissions (including VAT reasonability checks), amd withholding tax submissions.
• Intercompany balances: agree on the balances, ensure that transfers were done in all the entities, and adjust for forex movements where necessary (realised and unrealised forex)
• Assist with stock valuation calculations and adjustments, to ensure monthly stock reporting is accurate.
• Assist with Cost of Sales calculations, for accurate reporting on COS and to ensure accurate reporting on Gross Profit percentage for each store and Company.
• Assist the financial Director with ad hoc tasks, where needed and liaise directly with the financial Director.
• Prepare timeous accurate and comprehensive monthly cash-flow statements.
• Identify, analyse and report on primary variances between actual and budget in management reports to ascertain monthly value of shorts measured against budget.
• Make recommendations on cost improvements to optimise financial growth.
• Manage and monitor banking procedures to ensure adherence and identify deviations.
• Provide timely and accurate monthly and weekly analytical financial reporting to Financial Director and other managers.
• Facilitate the timeous authorisation of financial contracts.
• Prepare analytical reports for the management pack to report on back-testing from store viability studies.
• Report the recommendations based on the results of the analytical reports to ensure effective and efficient feedback.
• Provide viability back-testing information to ensure timeous and effective feedback.
• Monitor and maintain compliance through:
• Managing the internal financial control system
• Maintaining Hungry Lion’s tax compliance by monitoring the value of tax penalties per annum
• Monitoring and managing adherence to IFRS / GAAP standards
• Help Coordinate the internal control risk management processes for Hungry Lion.
• Plan, prepare and coordinate external audits to ensure unqualified audit results
• Analysing and accounting for foreign exchange movements based on foreign payments made to suppliers.
• This position will also include tasks not listed above. There will be added responsibilities/ duties; these tasks will be allocated as needed by your Line Manager.
• CA Zambia.
• Articles experience with 2-3 years post-articles experience in accounting.
• Intermediate Excel skills.
• Cost Accountant or Tax Account speciality.
• Taxation certification.
• QSR or Retail experience.
• Deciding and initiating action.
• Adhering to principles and values.
• Planning and organising.
• Delivering results.
• Coping with pressures and setbacks.
• Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
• Good communication skills and teamwork.
• Innovative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.