Financial Controller (Malawi & Zambia)
Jobs at:Afrox Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 14 2023
Date Posted: Monday, July 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• A vacancy exists for a Financial Controller for Malawi and Zambia. The position will be responsible for providing effective financial decision-making support in respect of Afrox Malawi and Afrox Zambia as the cluster finance head, delivering focused and timely business performance information, ensuring that control measures are in place to safeguard the income and assets in the business by following best operating practices, analyzing and interpreting financial performance against targets, ensuring all capital expenditure and investments are properly justified, effective working capital management controls exist and ensuring that statutory requirements are fulfilled.
• Being the main liaison with Internal as well as External Auditors.
• Providing strategic direction for the finance function across both countries.
• Provide finance support for the reporting of cost efficiency projects and identify further efficiency opportunities.
• Responsible for the maintenance and implementation of Group prescribed financial systems, procedures, and processes.
• Development and implementation of financial process protocols and provision of advice on improvements in the efficiency of the information capturing and interfacing processes.
• Data management and implementation of internal controls to ensure that system and master data integrity and accuracy is managed.
• Ensuring good corporate governance is practiced in the business.
• Developing and implementing policies, procedures and controls which would ensure a good control environment in the business.
• Ensuring that accounting records are well maintained and up to date and that financial transactions are processed timeously.
• Manage capital expenditure, submit capex business cases, and prepare capex reports.
• Effective and efficient working capital management (stock, debtors, and creditors).
• Preparation, analysis, interpretation, and timely reporting of monthly results.
• Preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Preparing and reporting on the annual capital and operating budget including sales, overhead, production and distribution budget.
• Providing efficient company secretarial services by ensuring that all statutory requirements are met including submission of annual returns.
• Excellent skills in Excel and MS Office Package.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Strong computer skills, business acumen and a sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS) systems.
• Good Knowledge of SAP ERP system.
• A Team Player with good management and communication skills.
Required Qualifications / Experience…
• Full ACCA/CIMA/ZICA/Bachelor of Accountancy or equivalent.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Afrox Zambia Limited is an equal opportunity employer. If you are Interested and possess the relevant qualifications and experience required kindly submit your application letter attaching C.V and relevant qualifications to: email@example.com . Females are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.