Vacancy title: Financial Controller[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Mphepo Power Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 14 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, July 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mphepo Power (“Mphepo”) is a renewable energy development company focused on the development of wind power generation in Zambia and Malawi. Mphepo has led the development of the UNIKA I Wind Project near Katete, Eastern Province. Find out more at www.mphepopower.com
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team which is developing a portfolio of over 500MWs of projects in Zambia and the wider region.
As Financial Controller your primary role is to oversee all aspects of the company’s accounting and tax workstreams. You will be expected to take ownership of these work streams in a professional manner, using strong organisation and analytical skills.
A dynamic self-starter can further be involved in the commercial aspects of large project finance deals in Zambia.
You will be reporting directly to the Directors.
• Oversee and run all companies accounting and tax workstreams including budgeting, bookkeeping, payroll, banking and tax returns.
• Provide management accounts to the Directors on a regular basis.
• Organise and oversee annual audits.
• Ensure excellent record keeping and filing.
• Engage with stakeholders including ZRA and Ministry of Finance.
• Participate where required in activities relating to financing of projects including but not limited to financial modelling and tax structuring.
• Assist the Directors where required with other matters of corporate governance including filings with PACRA, ZRA and other statutory bodies.
• Manage third party contractors and consultants where necessary.
• At least 2 to 4 years’ work experience in accountancy or similar field within Zambia or the wider region.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management or Economics with completed accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ZICA or similar)
• Energy industry experience is preferred.
• A passion for developing and implementing transformative projects in emerging markets and a strong desire to learn about renewable energy systems and their deployment in these markets.
• Prior experience working within teams.
• Energetic and willing to take on new work and experience new opportunities.
• Fluent in English, both written and oral communications.
• Other languages are a positive.
• Literacy with various software including Microsoft office (Excel in particular) and accounting software (e.g. XERO).
• Zambian citizen or possessing valid Zambian work permit; experience working in Zambia.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential.
• Flexible working hours and an ability to react swiftly to operational developments and organisational needs.
Compensation and benefits
• Competitive salary
• Office provided laptop
• Potential for promotion
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs with cover letter to email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in copy stating their current and expected remuneration, contact details and references by 14th July 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.