Jobs at:Peace Parks Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 15 2023
Date Posted: Friday, September 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Peace Parks Foundation is a non profit company established to facilitate the establishment and development of Transfrontier Conservation Areas (TFCAs) in southern Africa Peace Parks is currently supporting the development of conservation areas within the Kavango Zambezi Transfrontier Conservation Area (KAZATFCA). Peace Parks requires the appointment of a Finance and Administration Manager to be based in Livingstone Zambia.
• Reporting: The Zambian Financial Controller will report to the KAZA Project Manager and will work closely with the Peace Parks Foundation’s head office finance department. The position shall be responsible for the management of finances within the KAZA TFCA
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a related field
• Minimum ten years experience in the finance and administration management sector
• A good verbal and written command of English is essential
• An understanding for and appreciation of conservation will be advantageous
• Advanced computer skills with desktop publishing and the ability to develop and update websites highly advantageous
• Self-driven with ability to self-manage and work within a team
• Zambian citizenship
• Driver’s licence with competency to drive in remote locations
• Wiling to reside in a remote location from time to time,
• Lead and manage the Finance and Administration department
• Oversee procurement and ensure adherence to all the financial control procedures as per the separate agreements of the various donors
• Assist and oversee the project teams to ensure that there is proper preparation of supporting documentation for al electronic transfers and cheque payments
• Ensure that the processing of cashbooks and petty cash is done monthly as well as the monthly reconciliation thereof
• Oversee the preparation of the general ledger to trial balance level.
• Assist with the finalization of the trial balance
• Be able to produce timeous and accurate management reports that will enable management to make informed decisions
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts
• Update the fixed asset register and reconcile to the ledger accounts
• Ensure that all controls are in plece to ensure collection, processing, management, and berking of all revenue generated by the parks under his/her control
• Do cash flow forecasts to ensure that requests for replenishment are requested timeously Be able to interpret financial information and advise management regarding financial decisions to be made
• Evaluate current internal controls and advise management regarding the effectiveness of these controls, and make new proposals to management regarding internal controls Asset management:
• Ensure the effective management of assets, by ensuring that assets are recorded and properly secured to ensure that all assets are utilised to capacity
Contract management: Keep a register of all contracts entered into by the parks on Microsoft Dynamics 365
• Vehicle fleet management: With the support of the Operations Manager, ensure the vehicle fleet is effectively managed and monthly reports detailing mileage, fuel consumption and maintenance are compiled
• Oversee HR management. With the support of the Human Resources consultant, ensure that good HR managament is practised, including ensuring compliance with Zambian employment regulations, management of salary payments and maintaining records, eg leave records, employment contracts, etc.
• Implementation and training on new financial and accounting system
• Assist with procurement and following procurement regulations as outlined by our respective donors.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Remuneration: A competitive salary package will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience
• Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing their interest in and suitability for the position, as well as Curriculum Vitae in English, with contact details of three references by Monday 13 December 2023 to: PPF Livingstone office at email@example.com Only SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted to attend an interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.