Vacancy title: Financial Director[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Talent House Limited
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our clients are looking for a Finance Director to oversee the financial operations of the business and provide frequent financial reports. They will also assure strict adherence to financial regulations and compliance.
Strategy, Planning and Management
• Act as a strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team.
• Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
• Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
• Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
• Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
• Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
• Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
• Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
• Develop and maintain the monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
• Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
• Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
• Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, regulatory compliance and financial procedures.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for investors and the company’s board of directors.
• Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
• Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all tax returns.
• Ensure regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
• Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
• Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
• Hire, develop and manage accounting managers and staff
• Overseeing and Monitoring Company Stores/Sales, Purchasing and Stock Transactions to ensure they are compliant with company policies and regulations
Financial Management, Relations and Policies
• Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
• Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and clients.
• Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors and officials.
• Remain current on audit best practices as well as local laws regarding company operations.
• Oversee weekly cash management and Accounts Payables
• Supervise Accounts Receivable management and ensure the collection process is up to date
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• ACCA/CIMA Qualified
• 3 year’s minimum experience as a Head of Finance in a medium to large enterprise
• Minimum 10+ years of total accounting or finance experience
• Management oriented towards performance and results
• Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
• Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
• Must be a registered member of ZICA.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.