Vacancy title: Financial Services Expert[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Deadline of this Job:
13 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SUN-TA Next-Generation CSLGs Scope of Work
Position – Financial Services Expert
Maximum level of effort – 10 days
Location – Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to – SUN-TA Chief of Party
The USAID/Zambia Scaling Up Nutrition Technical Assistance (SUN-TA) project supports sub-national and local government officials throughout Zambia to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce stunting among children. One of the SUN-TA interventions has focused on supporting the establishment of community savings and loan groups (CSLGs) for women of reproductive age. As of September 2022, the project has established over 3000 CSLGs with more than 50,000 members in 13 districts.
As SUN-TA moves into its option years, the project wishes to explore “next-generation” CSLG models, such as digitalization and linkages with financial institutions, to deepen the development impact of this critical intervention. The project recently completed a study of CSLG member preferences and potential next-generation models, identifying essential design criteria and requirements, and aims to pilot one or more of these models with a sample of SUN-TA-supported CSLGs. If the pilot(s) demonstrate a compelling value proposition for the CSLGs and the project, SUN-TA plans to scale the next-generation model(s) to the remaining CSLGs countywide.
To build on its preliminary analysis, SUN-TA seeks an expert consultant with extensive knowledge of the Zambian financial services market to support the project in brokering a pilot partnership agreement with a next-generation CSLG model provider.
Specifically, SUN-TA requires the following services:
1. Landscaping of potential partners – the consultant will identify all potential financial service providers and financial technology company partners in the Zambian market that have developed solutions or service offerings for CSLGs. After identifying potential partners, the consultant will analyze each using the SUN-TA-identified design criteria and pay close attention to cost, technical capabilities, service quality, and organizational capacity. This analysis will conclude with a menu of partnership options for SUN-TA consideration.
2. Partnership brokering – based on SUN-TA’s final selection, the consultant will broker a pilot partnership. This brokering phase will define a detailed pilot framework, including the roles and responsibilities of each partner, implementation timelines, required financial and human resources, and key performance indicators and success criteria.
III. Minimum qualifications and experience
• Degree in finance, business administration, economics, or a related field (graduate degree preferred).
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the Zambian financial services market with specific experience in inclusive and digital financial services.
• Extensive knowledge of emerging trends in retail financial services in local, regional, and international markets.
• An existing network of working relationships in retail financial services, mobile network operators, and financial technology companies.
• A demonstrated track record of evaluating and building strategic partnerships in the financial services space.
• Experience developing and presenting recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Professional fluency in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.