Fund Development Manager
Jobs at:PUSH Women Network
Deadline of this Job:
29 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Summary: This position is responsible for working with the Executive Director, and Executive Committee for planning and coordinating all aspects of fund development and public relations for The PUSH Women Network. Provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and grant writing. Identify, organize and manage the fundraising activities of the Network with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities, and individuals.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc. to be approved by the board.
• Provide monthly reports to the ED and the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
• Broaden PUSH’s fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs.
Grant requests and administration
• Assist Executive Director with researching and writing grants for the Network projects and programmes.
• Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation.
• Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base for PUSH.
• Keep up-to-date on current fundraising programs, practices and procedures used in the nonprofit sector and inform the leadership of items that would benefit PUSH.
• Create and implement major gifts program, planned giving program, and volunteer giving program.
• Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding.
• Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other Network staff, board or volunteers, as appropriate.
• Create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation.
• Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
• Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
• Acknowledgement of all gifts and donations.
• Manage or oversee all PUSH events.
• Promote events to the business community as a way to support PUSH and provide support
to those groups that want to host an event.
• Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure that all aspects of a successful event are
coordinated towards a common goal.
• Develop and solicit sponsors for events as needed.
Public Relations and Marketing
• Write press releases and media alerts.
• Develop and maintain media contacts with area media outlets.
• Oversee and direct all media relations, social media communication, media production and
general branding of the Network and all its programs.
• Create marketing materials for the Network.
• Build and sustain working relationships and communication with the organisations in the public and private sectors, coalitions; business leaders; lenders; grant funders; faith based organizations and churches; school administrators, schools, universities and youth groups; and other institutions.
• B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public
relations or related field.
• Two – five years professional development and fund raising experience.
• Experience and contacts are a plus.
• Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Donor database
• Desire to work as part of a team and willingness to promote the principles and views of The PUSH Women Network.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision – self-motivated & confident
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience.
• Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge, and supervise volunteers.
• Confident public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing.
Submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to The Executive Director email@example.com
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.