Vacancy title: Fundraising Consultant for the Kafue River and Rowing Centre[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:WWF Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WWF (the World Wide Fund for Nature) is an International Non-Governmental Organization. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF is working with companies, governments, communities and other partners in watershed protection and the sustainable management of shared water resources in the public interest through collective actions at basin level.
Given the foregoing, WWF has partnered with World Rowing and other key stakeholders to establish the Kafue River and Rowing Centre (KRRC) on the banks of the Kafue River in Kafue District. The KRRC, the first of its kind, is a unique project in Zambia where conservation, research and sport unite to tackle global water issues. It is developed through a partnership between WWF and World Rowing to create a Strategic Alliance for Clean Water, to use the sport of rowing to educate and raise awareness of the importance of aquatic environments.
It is in this regard that WWF Zambia seeks the services of an experienced Fundraising Consultant or Agency to undertake fundraising activity of a canoeing family fun-day. This initiative is aimed at raising resources for the KRRC which is set to be constructed in line with the approved plans and scope of work. This builds on the Fundraising Dinner which was hosted by the Fundraising Committee in August, 2022.
The Fundraising consultant will support WWF and KRRC Fundraising team by undertaking this fundraising activity of a Canoeing fun-day in order to raise funds towards the construction and eventual operationalization of the Centre.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
In consultation with WWF and the KRRC Fundraising Team, the Consultant or Agency will undertake the following:
• Support preparation and implementation of fundraising activity.
• Draw a fundraising plan within the agreed scope of work.
• Engage partners and sponsors for fundraising activity.
• Develop publicity material related to the KRRC and fundraising activities.
• Enhance the profile and visibility of the KRRC by engaging media and assisting with holding of partner meetings.
• May require frequent travel domestically especially to the KRRC site and some evening and weekend hours when necessary.
• Monitor the implementation and progress of the fundraising activities.
• Provide periodic reports to WWF and KRRC Fundraising Team regarding fundraising activities undertaken.
• The payment of the consultant will be based on an agreed percentage of the funds raised after deduction of the costs incurred to organize the event
Minimum Requirements and Experiences:
The preferred Consultancy Agency will possess the following:
• Be fully registered with relevant agencies
• Strong track record of fundraising and brand enhancement
• Strong marketing abilities leading to enhanced profile of the KRRC
• Strong organizational and event management skills.
• Strong ability to engage high level partners and sponsors such as Government.
• No record of company and financial fraud of the Agency or its agents.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit application letter clearly marked “FUNDRAISING CONSULTANT-KAFUE RIVER AND ROWING CENTRE” in the Subject area to email@example.com.
• The letter must be signed by the head of the agency or an authorized senior agent.
• Attach relevant registration documents.
• Submit at least one CV of the lead Consultant of the Agency.
• Include two referrals from previous organizations that you have worked with.
Format for Applications:
Application must addressed to the following:
The Country Director
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 16th December, 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted Agencies will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.