Vacancy title: General Worker[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Peace Corps
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 14 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Peace Corps/Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions.
Open to : All sources
Work Schedule: Full Time 40 hours/Week
Starting Salary: ZMW 83,651.00/Annum
General Worker: VA- 07/2023
Under the supervision of the Provincial Programs Coordinator (PPC), the Provincial General Worker is responsible for the general maintenance of the Provincial Resource Center including the grounds and building exteriors. S/he will assist with minor building and equipment repairs and maintenance and for the unloading, loading, and delivery of equipment and supplies.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
• Plants and maintains lawns.
• Provides maintenance and care for plants, shrubs, and trees (prepares soil and plants, waters, fertilizes, weeds, sprays, trims, prunes, plants/transplants, etc.)
• Maintains public areas, parking lots, loading docks, service corridors and storage rooms in a clean, safe, and efficient manner.
• Maintains sidewalks, driveways, curbs, paved areas, porches, and water channels free of trash, dirt, leaves and weeds.
• General cleaning of all ground/lawn spaces.
• Assist under supervision in repairing various items, systems and/or components (e.g., furniture, floors, roofs, ceilings, windows, electrical, plumbing etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following requirements:
• Two years Gardening/Landscaping/General maintenance (buildings and equipment) experience with a certificate in gardening/landscaping or agriculture from a reputable institution is required; OR five years Gardening/Landscaping/General maintenance (buildings and equipment) experience with a proven work record.
• Good working knowledge of plant care and lawn maintenance including knowledge of sun, water, and fertilizer requirements of different plants.
• Basic working knowledge of building and equipment maintenance.
• Ability to perform strenuous physical work.
• Ability to speak and understand English.
• Experience working for an international organization will be an added advantage.
Completion of senior secondary school will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Applications and supporting documentation including a cover letter and CV that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, and at least three traceable references must be submitted by close of business July 14, 2023.
Only email applications will be accepted and should be addressed to:
Email: ZM-Jobs@peacecorps.gov clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of the email
(E.g., Full names, Position title)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified, and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.