Graduate, Process Plant
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 29 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Specific Job Responsibility
• Assist section Senior Metallurgists/metallurgists from comminution, flotation and metallurgical accounting to conduct:
• Routine and optimisation functions for the primary secondary and pebble crushing sections
• Routine and optimisation functions for the flotation section.
• Conduct laboratory test work for comminution and flotation routine and investigative purposes
• Participate in metallurgical research on new advancements in the industry
• Collaborate with Senior Metallurgists to champion a process optimisation project and produce a technical report on this project
• Collect and analyse data using various data analytic tools available at Trident
• Participate in all HSE activities for the department and lead specific activities around this area.
• Produce regular reports on learnings for each section attached to, research projects undertaken and process improvements.
• Collaborate with other departments on activities that improve processes in the plant.
• Participate in production of metallurgical accounting reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Engage in technical aspects related to tailings dewatering, pumping and storage; water management, reagents mixing storage and dosing.
Job Specific Competencies
• Strong understanding of metallurgical processes,
• Good understanding of data analytics,
• Team player with ability to work across different functions
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Willingness to learn and develop career in the Metallurgical industry
Key Job Attributes
• Self-starter, ability to work with minimum supervision
• Trouble shooter and ability to think outside the box
• Attending to detail and thorough
Experience required to perform in this job
• No experience required, having undertaken in an internship in a mineral processing plant is an added advantage
Bachelor of Science Degree in Metallurgical, Chemical or Materials Engineering or related field
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.