Jobs at:Project Concern Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
28 June 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide financial management support for projects implemented by Project Concern Zambia (PCZ), including budget development and monitoring, producing timely and quality donor reports and reconciliation of projects and their close out. Ensure projects are implemented in compliance with specific donor requirements and local regulations. Works closely with program managers and Sub-Grantee Finance and Administration staff to ensure that efficient accounting and finance systems exist that will accord maximum support to the project managers as well as act as a platform for providing sound financial information to management and donors. Ensure timely inputting of data into the accounting system.
Specific Responsibilities Planning and budgeting
• Provides support to the development of budgets (proposals and projects), ensuring all required resources for project implementation are covered and ensuring appropriate cost recovery,
• Assists with preparation of incoming and outgoing contracts and monitors compliance with contractual terms,
• Ensure that all project budgets and work plans are developed on the basis of secured funding ONLY.
• Establishes quarterly forecasts in collaboration with Programs,
• Updates the proposal and contract database.
• Updates the current year modifications and carried forward balances and ensure expenditure is monitored per yearly modified balances
• Monitors and process expenditure and advance requests,
• For projects in his/her portfolio, supports Programs in tracking their budgets to ensure there is no overspend or low burn rate, verifies budget availability for any commitment,
• Understands donor agreements details and verifies allocations and commitments comply with donor agreement.
• Establishes and updates cash flow forecasts, monitor cash positions for all projects,
• Reviews advance fund requests to ensure they are within approved work plans, previous transfers/advances are accounted for and works with PCZ Accountant to ensure timely transfers,
• Reviews project commitments and payments and ensure they are within budget and cash availability and charged to the appropriate budget lines,
• Supports Senior Operations Officer in developing partner/sub-grantee budgets and agreements, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance,
• Maintains a schedule of payments to partners/Sub-grantees to ensure timely transfers to partners and maintains partners accounts reconciliation,
• Review partners reports, supports partners linked to projects to ensure compliance with donor regulations and timely reporting,
• Participates in project review meetings to highlight finance related matters and provides advice on financial management.
• Reviews transaction listings/ audit trails and verifies that posted transactions are in line with the budget.
• Reviews and analyses the financial reports/imprest retirements from the sub-grantees and makes necessary adjustments before inputting to the financial system.
• Provides timely and appropriate financial information to the senior operations officer, management as well as all program/project managers.
• Reconciles all Project advances accounts and provides timely advice on actions necessary to Project Management, Sub-grantees, and the senior operations officer. Develop and maintain a system of monitoring and reconciling all imprests issued from the PCZ.
• In collaboration with the senior operations officer, organizes and direct project audits. Ensures that audits are properly organized and that there is proper and timely follow-up of audit recommendations (internal, external, and field office audits as well as sub-grantee audits).
• Make regular projects financial review visits to ensure that adequate financial systems and procedures are in place and are being implemented.
• Assists in audit of program/projects/Sub-grants if required.
• Assess finance management capacity and systems of partners implementing PCZ programs and implement capacity building working in conjunction with Global Communities and project managers.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the senior operations officer, or any senior manager in PCZ.
Qualifications and experience
• A university degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or related field;
• Full accounting qualification i.e. CPAII, ACCA II, CIMA II or equivalent.
• Over 3 years working experience preferably in a major international organisation/NGO.
• Demonstrable skills in the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an NGO.
• Good knowledge of project fund accounting including reporting requirements.
• Hands-on knowledge of Pastel accounting software would be a distinct advantage.
Skills and Competencies
• Exceptionally strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
• Advanced PC skills, particularly knowledge of MS Excel software.
• Knowledge of staff supervision and general administration/operations is required for in this job. Good understanding of the key principles and practices including knowledge of the relevant employment legislation in Zambia is desirable.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English.
• Experience managing grants of major donors including USAID and understanding their rules is a plus.
• Demonstrates PCZ behaviours in way of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.