Grants & Contract Management Services Officer
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Grants & Contract Management Services Officer will work under the supervision of the Associate Director Finance & Administration to efficiently operate and maintain an effective contracts portfolio management system. Principal duties will include contract administration and professional/managerial support to ensure full compliance with donor rules and regulations. The Contracts Officer will perform specialized tasks from pre-award to close-out as assigned by the supervisory Contracting Officer. These tasks may include a wide variety of discrete transactions occurring at various stages of the award and sub award processes.
Typical tasks include but not limited to:
• The Grants & Contract Management Services Officer will work closely with the Contract Management Services department at FHI 360 regional and head office to provide informed interpretation of fundamental regulations and standard contract requirements.
• Provide technical assistance to operations staff and other enterprise services staff on matters of contract interpretation and compliance.
• Review CMS feedback and facilitate revision of sub award packs in collaboration with technical, programs and finance departments
• Provide technical support in preparation of consultancy and vendor agreements and contracts
• Assists in the review of prime award documents prior to signature.
• Receive and process signed contracts from clients. Assure completeness and accuracy of contracts.
• Data set-up in contract management/financial management system.
• Serves as first responder to operations staff and enterprise services staff on routine business transactions of a contractual nature.
• Prepares, reviews, and approves sub awards and select procurement actions following established procedures and thresholds.
• Process sub award data in sub award database.
• Prepares and reviews, modifications to sub awards.
• Review request for payment for Milestones met by Community Resource Partners (CRP) before they are submitted to Finance for processing
• Conducting SAM Searches on every partner and consultant before the contract is signed
• Works in partnership with operations staff to monitor sub award compliance with flow-down provisions.
• Work in partnership with records management staff to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the unit filing system.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• Increasingly advancing knowledge of donor (USG and non-USG) rules and regulations, common mechanisms of funding, types of acquisition and assistance awards, contracting concepts and principles from the solicitation phase to post-award administration.
• Critical thinking and stronger analytical skills applied to successful completion of tasks.
• Increasingly effective/persuasive oral communication and business/technical writing skills.
• Demonstrable growth in technical expertise on regulatory matters, contract management systems, processes and computer software.
Problem Solving & Impact:
• Works on increasingly complex and problems of diverse scope requiring critical analysis and comprehensive evaluation of critical factors.
• Increasingly exercising independent judgment in developing methods and techniques to obtain solutions (and process improvements).
• Increasing independence in determining specific tasks to accomplish in order to meet certain goals and objectives.
• Increasing self-reliance in performing tasks.
• Needing lesser regular supervision.
• Higher proficiency and confidence in operating within established operating procedures.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent • Business Administration, Legal Studies or Related Field.
• Typically requires 4 years’ professional work experience with at least 2 yrs. In a contracting position either in the Federal Government or a Non-governmental Organization (NGO).
• Advanced (above intermediate) knowledge of donor (USG and non-USG) rules and regulations applicable to sponsored projects.
• Advanced understanding of contracting concepts and principles.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and project management skills.
• Manage a variety of activities paying attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.