Grants Finance Coordinator
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
12 July 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions:
GRANTS FINANCE COORDINATOR (X1), LUSAKA
The purpose of the Grants Finance Officer will be to support the Grants Accountant in financing Plan projects and programmes by capturing accounting transactions accurately in order to produce a financial report in the implementation of the Country Financial Strategy in relation to Disbursement and Receipt of cash resource, bank reconciliation, managing budgets and other financial transactions.
• Manage Cash Advances
• Certification of receipts or invoices
• Make and post retirements on the project
• Preparing of request forms Make payments to the activity implementers
• Filing of all financial records
• Check the system for errors and mis-postings
• Posting of requests in the system
• Capture approved vouchers for Staff and project advance in Systems Applications and
• Products in Data Processing (SAP)
• Reviewing cost recovery budgets in all Project Outlines (POs) and ensure that both direct shared and overhead costs relating to Grants are timely recovered or charged
• Coordinate submission of time sheets for grant funded projects ensuring proper completion and charging to projects
• Grant Budget analysis against actual expenditure
• Analysis of grant budget utilization on activity lines
• Perform detailed analytical review of Grants budget and Expenditure by effectively using SAP and coordinate variance explanation
• Preparation of consolidated monthly Grants management report for sharing with Management.
• Completing monthly Donor Financial Reporting Logging sheet for submission to Global Hub
Monitor and identify risk factors for payees (suppliers and beneficiaries) to ensure that they uphold child protection.
• Ensures that Programme staff are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) policies
• Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team
Educational Qualifications and Experience
• A Higher National Diploma in Accounting – ZICA Tech/Natech Full
• A minimum of 4 years work related experience in similar role
• Membership with ZICA
• Experience with handling finances and building capacity for teams to deliver.
• Grants Financial experience in development sector
• In-depth knowledge of finance processes, systems and principles.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in Grants management
• Good Knowledge of major donors’ compliance requirements
• Proven knowledge of ability to support program teams during budgeting and reporting
• Supports partnering and resource mobilization by developing mutually beneficial partnership relationships and making a significant contribution to writing proposals relevant to own field(s) of work
• Model best practices and excellence in support services delivery to plan and partner
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 12th July, 2022, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Organizational & Development Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.