Vacancy title: Grants Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Information Technology , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Internews Network Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
28 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internews is an international non-profit organization dedicated to giving people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard. Since its formation in 1982, Internews has worked in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working in Sub-Saharan Africa since 1998, Internews currently has offices and projects throughout the region with its regional office in Nairobi. Internews USAID-funded Open Spaces Zambia project seeks to support an open, inclusive environment in which media and civil society provide accurate and impartial information that promotes participation, inclusion, and accountability.
The Grants Officer will be assisting the Subgrants Manager to provide administrative, programmatic, and technical support to subgrants as well as managing competitive funding mechanism at the country level. This position will work under the supervision of the Subgrants Manager and in close collaboration with Internews HQ Subgrants Team.
Description of main duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with Subgrants Manager with subrecipients to finalize budgets, implementation plans, and M&E plans.
• Conduct subgrant budget analysis and review budgets for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to internal financial requirements.
• Participate in drawing up workplans of grantees of Open Spaces Zambia and assist in tracking subgrantees events as well as editing narrative reports.
• Conduct needs assessments and capacity assessments of subrecipients, where appropriate.
• Identify technical support for partner(s) to ensure programmatic capacity building and activities are properly implemented, and adequate training is received.
• Provide monitoring and oversight on subgrants, including financial tracking and progress toward deliverables.
• Maintain subrecipient activity tracking schedules for project development, field reports, site visits, and follow-up communications with funders.
• Ensures the procurement policy is strictly adhered to and supports the procurement of supplies for the office.
• Collect quotations from vendors and complete the procurement processes of vendor selection
• Send out Purchasing Orders to the successful bidders to confirm the commitment of the organization to acquire goods or services.
• Review and track subgrant financial reporting; Investigate financial discrepancies or deficiencies.
• Conduct site visits and desk audits of select subgrants.
• Ensure compliance with Internews and USAID rules and regulations.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
• At least 2 to 3 years of grants coordination/monitoring experience, strong USAID grant management experience preferred.
• University degree in Project Management, Business administration, or related field
• Excellent report writing, oral and presentation skills.
• Proficient in project narrative reporting, analytic and financial management skills.
• Understanding of and experience with the administration of USAID grants, cooperative agreements, contracts, and procurement.
• Excellent Information technology skills (including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and project management systems).
• Ability to multi-task and proven organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
• Experience with administrative systems of international NGOs required.
• Skilled in cooperative resolution of problems.
• Practical experience in establishing and operating participatory training programs.
• Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible.
• Ability to travel within and spend extended time in the field, with limited facilities, often under harsh conditions.
• Zambian nationality required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to ZMfirstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.