Grants and Contracts Officer
Jobs at:Ciheb Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 03 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, September 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ciheb-Zambia is a non-profit local Zambian organisation supporting Ministry of Health to scale up comprehensive HIV prevention and testing services and find the best solutions to life threatening situations among communities in Zambia.
• The Grants and Contracts Officer position requires substantial knowledge of Grants Management. S/he will work closely with the Director of Finance & Admin and Grants and Contracts Manager to coordinate and document the sub-grantee selection process, track sub-grantee actual expenditures against budgets, programmatic deliverables against grant agreements, carry out regular trainings as needs arise from sub grantees and in conjunction with the Home Office, facilitate timely disbursement of funds to sub grantees and ensure that Zambia G&C Management systems are fully up to date.
Duties and Responsibilities
• In conjunction with the Grants and Contracts Manager, develop and administer grant awards and award modification documents; negotiated memorandum of grant awards, grants management tools and system.
• In conjunction with the Grants and Contracts Manager, coordinate and document the sub-grantee selection process.
• Review sub-grantee work plans, performance frameworks and budgets.
• Develop tools to track sub-grantee actual expenditures against budgets, programmatic deliverables against grant agreements.
• Where necessary perform data verification activities and support sub-grantee to the maintain the necessary records and files for audit purpose
• Ensure timely training of sub-grantees to understand and comply fully with donor standards.
• Carry out regular trainings as needs arise from sub grantees and in conjunction with the Grants and Contracts Manager, facilitate timely disbursement of funds to sub grantees.
• Ensure that Ciheb Zambia G&C Management systems are fully up to date.
• Support the compilation of timely and quality proposals, reports and contract modification requests for submission to donors and consortium partners.
• Work with the finance team and programme in monitoring compliance with donor procedures throughout the grant cycle and building capacity of new and existing staff on internal accountability tools and donor procedures.
• Proactively follow-up on donor contractual obligations, from contracting to closing and archiving, and ensuring contractual obligations are known and understood by relevant staff/departments.
• Support the Chief Executive Officer in preparing for meetings with donors by providing briefing papers and accompanying to meetings as requested.
• Actively monitor and identify funding opportunities from donors, new institutional donors, funding from foundations and private donors as well as co-funding opportunities.
• Coordinate dialogues between departments in response to proposal design and review, proofread and finalize proposal narratives and budgets before submission, ensuring compliance with internal and donor requirements, in close consultation with other departments.
• Introduce or disseminate tools and methodologies to improve project implementation follow-up/ good grant management.
• Contribute to reviewing terms of contract with donors or prime recipients before signature.
• Monitor validation by the donor of final reports and last payment – closure of the grant.
• Collaborate with the coordination team to ensure due diligence and vetting of potential partners is conducted.
• Work closely with all relevant departments to proactively and regularly monitor programmatic compliance in accordance with donor requirements (progress against indicators, project schedule, facilitate project review meetings).
• Engage in other tasks as requested by the Grants and Contracts Manager, Director Finance and the Chief Executive Officer.
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Experience with accounting standards/practices is a strong plus.
• Working knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office is required.
• 2-3 years of professional experience in a relevant field such as grants and contracts, accounting, procurement, or legal services
• Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.