Group Finance Director
Jobs at:RDG Collective
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• DG’s purpose is to empower households, businesses, and communities by facilitating access to essential renewable energy products and services that unlock potential and transform lives across Africa.
• Founded in April 2018, RDG Collective was born with the sole ambition to ‘Empower the Future’. How? By providing affordable access to life changing clean energy systems and appliances. With the cost of these products remaining prohibitively high for almost all off-grid households, RDG provides its products on a PAY-AS-YOU-GO (PAYG) basis. This enables the customer to spread their payments over an extended period, rather than paying cash up front. By eliminating this ‘barrier’, households across Africa can access RDG products such as Refrigerators, Solar Water Pumps, Smartphones and Solar Home systems (SHS) to improve and empower their lives.
• Provide reliable and accurate financial and management advice.
• Lead fundraising needs for debt, equity and grants.
• Build, mentor, coach, and refine the finance team.
• Lead and direct budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
• Develop internal control procedures to increase efficiency of operations and minimize business exposure.
• Develop and maintain the group’s financial model, using it to forecast EBITDA targets and the impact of strategy decisions on business performance.
Financial & Operational Strategy:
• Create and continuously refine group finance strategy.
• Lead group fundraising, ensuring planned growth is financially supported.
• Safeguard receivables against forex depreciation.
• Own the financial model, using it to forecast EBITDA targets and the impact of strategy decisions on business performance.
• Ensure a line-by-line budget & forecast by all departments and support preparation where required.
• Support and drive maintenance/achievement of financial sustainability by guaranteeing a positive ROI.
• Manage and analyze Cash-Flow and working capital requirements by:
• Cash-flow forecasting to determine acceptable levels of trending balances.
• Actively liaise with other teams for critical funding needs and shortage risks.
• Monitor and control accurate records of receivables, safe inventory levels and negotiate favorable credit terms with local suppliers.
• Continually monitor and refine the effectiveness of group financial strategies, gathering evidence in the process to inform the commercial strategy.
Business Performance, Financial and Management Reporting
• Understand the business model for generating customer value and translates the operational metrics into measures for performance using dashboards and financial statement ratio analysis.
• Prepare management accounts and provide insights on deviations to budget, commentary on periodic performance and support the CEO with tactical moves accordingly.
• Generate both regular and ad hoc insights for action so that the business can maintain excellent financial health:
• Work closely with department heads to understand monthly expenses, monitor spending and drive efficiencies in cost centers.
• Create and/or coordinate with Managers on ad hoc reporting as necessary to analyze revenue and cost trends.
• Develop relationships with relevant actors and maintain networks throughout the business environment.
• Work closely with the following stakeholders to provide strategic finance and administrative support as needed:
• CEO and Country Directors – to assist with financial considerations of expanding into new regions and grant applications.
• Operation Leads – to conduct inventory audits and coordinate with external auditors for annual audits.
• Credit team – as needed to assess and continuously improve portfolio health strategy to ensure repayment is healthy.
• HR team – to adapt compensation strategies that position the company as a competitive employer while meeting financial goals.
Governance & Risk
• Internal control maintenance, identification, profiling and reporting potential risks as well as propose and implement mitigation plans.
• Ensures financial audits are completed in time and statutory books closing occurs as appropriate.
• Supports Country Finance leads with Auditor queries effectively and communicates significant matters to the CEO
• Ensure adherence to financial spending policies and procedures.
• Procurement principles in place to ensure value for money.
People Management & Leadership
• Ensure the department is adequately staffed for execution of financial functions.
• Build and provide inspiring leadership to a high performing finance team, including:
• Recruiting and training mission-driven and highly qualified team members.
• Setting inspiring and ambitious targets and motivating the team to achieve them, including testing and setting compensation and incentive structures across the teams.
• Supervises the activities of the direct reports and ensure quality, service and compliance standards are met and that finance operations run efficiently and effectively to support the business operations.
• Facilitates training where required to build and develop team’s capacity.
At RDG, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
• Deliver ambitious results:As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decisions which contribute to successful delivery of results.
• Act with integrity:As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
• Inspire and mentor the team:As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
• Are accessible:as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
• Ensure diversity and inclusion:as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Required Skills & Experience
Education / Qualifications
• B.A or B.S in Accounting. Masters or MBA preferred.
• 10+ years of Strategic financial management experience.
• 5+ years of fundraising experience, with ticket sizes of more than US$10m
Knowledge & Skills
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Planning and organizing
• High level of business orientation
• Strong analytical skills with numbers
• Ability to provide accurate reporting.
• Strong leadership skill
• Risk Management
• Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
• Attention to detail, strategic thinker.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.