HIV/TB Provincial Medical Lead Mentor Northern Province
Jobs at:The Republic Of Zambia - Ministry Of Health, Muchinga Provincial Health Office
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, May 19 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Northern Provincial Health Office (NPHO) with support from USAID Action HIV invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed positions.
Job Title: HIV/TB Provincial Medical Lead Mentor
Location: Kasama District, Northern Province
Job Purpose: To provide expert technical oversight and support in the province as needed to improve HIV/TB services across the cascade of case identification, linkage to treatment, retention and monitoring of outcomes.
Reports to: Clinical Care Specialist
1. Support MOH, USAID Action HIV, and USAID program officers at Provincial and District level in coordination of HIV/TB services and systems to monitor program implementation and evaluate performance.
2. Oversee the development, interpretation, implementation and review of HIV/TB guidelines, systems, and standards to ensure the provision of quality clinical care and diagnostic services.
3. Support site-level delivery of HIV/TB services to ensure optimal access to case identification, treatment, and retention in care as well as improvement in treatment outcomes.
4. Manage and effectively undertake the formulation, implementation, and review of HIV/TB action plans to ensure quality delivery of health services.
5. Supervise and undertake quality improvement research projects in collaboration with HIV/TB Clinic staff to identify best practices.
6. Conduct regular program monitoring and participate in USAID ESV (enhanced site visits) improvement and monitoring services, document findings and prepare reports according to set standards and timelines.
7. Support the development and implementation of HIV/TB capacity building programs to impart appropriate skills and knowledge in clinical care staff and community volunteers
8. Support hub mentors to provide targeted and data-driven technical support and clinical mentorship to HIV/TB clinical staff.
9. Coordinate TeleECHO program to ensure improved provision of adult and paediatric ART treatment and care services, PMTCT, VMMC, TB services and CaCx services
10. Work with hubs teams to improve phlebotomy techniques, labelling and storing of specimens, and other problems related with lab logistics.
11. Work with supply chain personnel to ensure the supply chain of commodities is not interrupted.
12. Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly as well as annual and ad-hoc reports as required using the recommended format.
13. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
1. Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with Five (5) Credits or better including Mathematics, Science and English.
2. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent
3. Must be registered with the Health Practitioners Council of Zambia and have a valid Practicing License.
4. Minimum of five years of work experience in HIV programming and coordination.
5. Experience in facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices, clinical mentoring, and coaching
6. Experience with program monitoring and evaluation
7. Must be computer literate
1. Must have a high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
2. Trustworthy and honest.
3. Must be a team player
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents:
1. Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees,
2. Copies of academic and professional qualifications certificates,
3. Copies of full registration with relevant professional bodies and valid practicing license
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on contract for an initial period ending September 2024 subject to renewal depending on performance/funding.
E-mail applications should be sent to Vacancy14@righttocare.org by 18 May 2023.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for one position. Applications should be clearly marked with the position and location being applied for. Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
The Provincial Health Director
Northern Provincial Health Office
P.O Box 410026
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.