Head – Internal Audit
Jobs at:VisionFund Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, March 29 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, March 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VisionFund Zambia Limited is part of a network of microfinance institutions within the VisionFund International network. We empower low-income entrepreneurs with access to integrated financial services that unlock their potential. We are part of World Vision, the largest global Christian humanitarian organization. In order to support our growth aspirations, we seek to recruit a qualified candidate who is self-motivated and results-oriented to fill the following position:
HEAD – INTERNAL AUDIT
Reporting to: AUDIT & RISK COMMITTEE OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS FUNCTIONALLY AND ADMINISTRATIVELY TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Head Internal Audit will carry out the Internal Audit Plan with the assistance of the Internal Auditors (if any) or on their own. Performs testing or ensures testing done by Internal Auditors is as per required standards and latest Audit Program. Prepares reviews and issues all IAD audit report. Discusses the results of audits with respective units/branch department managers and advice on appropriate actions to improve conditions.
• Develops and submits for approval to the BARC annual audit plan that outlines the activities to be undertaken by the Audit Department (IAD) during the year using RBIA.
• Submits timely reports to management for all the audits conducted during the year;
• Submits written audit reports to the Audit and Risk Committee before every schedule Board meeting;
• Report on Whistle blowing matters to the CEO, BARC and VF Internationals.
• Tracks the status of issue/corrective actions arising from audit reports.
• Provides updates to Management, RAM and BARC;
• Flags all emerging risks come across during review of the business processes and also advise Management on anticipated/ emerging risks coming as a result of introducing new products.
• Informs all concerned staff on changes in internal control and audit policies and procedures.
• Carries out the Internal Audit Plan with the assistance of the Internal Auditors (if any) or on their own;
• Performs testing or ensures testing done by Internal Auditors is as per required standards and latest Audit Program;
• Prepares, reviews and issues all IAD audit reports after approvals by the RAM;
• Discusses the results of audits with respective units/ branch department managers and advices on appropriate actions to improve conditions;
• Ensures all audit testing is adequately documented and archived as required by local regulatory authorities and RAM;
• Independently appraises all operational functions of the institution;
• Reviews and updates Audit Manual when there are changes to products, processes, regulations or systems.
Supervision & Training
• Supervision of Internal Audit team.
• Appraises and evaluates all IAD staff development plans;
• Works to develop self and team members continuously;
• Ensures all members of IAD complete the required number of CPE hours every year.
• Prepares the IAD budget in line with the Annual Plan timely.
• Tracks performance against the budget.
Academic Qualiﬁcation: Minimum of a university degree in Bachelor of Commerce/Business with a bias in accounting. Professional Accounting CPA/ACCA/CIMA/CA) – CIA /CISA certiﬁcation. CFE/CISA and Master Degree a Must
Minimum of 10 years audit experience in Banking supervision and/or microﬁnance (with a minimum of 8 years demonstrated strong leadership experience in planning, supervision and management of an internal audit department is a must) Experience advising Senior Management and reporting to Audit Committees on Risk Management and Monitoring a must
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications should be sent to-
Head People and Culture,
Plot 6810, Chiwalamabwe Road Olympia,
P.O. Box 33911
VisionFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Females are encouraged to apply.
VisionFund Zambia observes Child and Adult Safeguarding protocols.
Kindly note that VisionFund Zambia Limited does not solicit for fees at any stage of recruitment process, any such attempts should be treated as fraudulent and report immediately.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.