Jobs at:cGrate Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 03 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Head-Finance is responsible for financial reporting, tax management, compliance of the business and general administration.
• Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Formulation and policing of company accounting processes
• Institute financial accounting and reporting processes
• Build and manage efficiencies in the reporting systems and procedures.
• Manage and create procedures for all accounting IT systems.
• Prepare annual budgets and report on the business performance in comparison to approved budget.
• Full maintenance of asset register
• Ensuring asset register is accurate at all times.
• New assets recorded timeously.
• Depreciating assets depreciated accordingly as per depreciating policy.
• Management of external auditing and liaison with audit firms
• Preparation of management accounts and quarterly financial board reports
• Fully account for existing and future business income lines
• Ensure expenses are fully accounted for to ensure no leakages in any VAT receivables and to truly reflect the status of the business from an expense point of view.
• Ensure all customer invoice payments are received within specific company guidelines. Ensure all supplier payments are processed with specific company guidelines.
• Full Compliance and alignment with ZRA on any tax matters
• Preparation and filing of VAT returns.
• Processing claims for VAT and ensuring VAT claims are received within reasonable periods.
• Processing VAT payments in accordance with ZRA guidelines
• Ensuring internal accounting procedures adhere to the necessary VAT rules.
• Custodian of VAT processes for any new products or new customers brought on board.
• Ensure any WHT is fully accounted and paid on time.
• WHT certificates from customers or parties withholding any tax are well received on time to avoid double payment of income tax.
• Income Tax
• Ensure provisional tax returns are filed and payments made on time.
• Ensure annual income tax is remitted on time net of any provisional tax and WHT paid for the year in question.
• Ensure correct accounting principles are applied to make sure the correct income taxes are paid.
• Ensure monthly PAYE returns are filed and paid on time.
• Ensure all expense that should be subjected to PAYE are subjected to PAYE.
• Ensure all returns for all relevant regulatory bodies are filed on time.
• Ensure anti money laundering and account opening processes are adhered to.
• Maintain BOZ holding accounts and manage all compliance matters relevant to BOZ.
• Serves as the company compliance officer both internal company policies and company legal mandates.
• Liaison with Accounting advisory firms on all accounting matters
• As well as above, any other duties given by management.
• Accountability and Performance Measures
• Delivery of management packs and financial statements
• Compliance with BOZ, ZRA, NAPSA, ZICTA, PACRA, Labour Office and relevant city counc
• Full Tax compliance at all times
• Effectives and Efficiencies of implemented reporting and accounting processes
• Reports directly to the Managing Director.
• Manages the finance team.
• ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualification
• 3 years post qualification in an established organization
• Must be a member of ZICA.
• Experience preparing financial statements for a well-established organization.
• Experience working on tax matters in a well-established organization.
• Conversant with SAGE Evolution Accounting System
• Good written and oral skills
• Exemplifies good leadership with good people management skills.
• GO getter.
• Exudes Humility
• Clean criminal and employment record
• High Integrity morals
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.