Head Financial Decision Support
Deadline of this Job:
21 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Head Financial Decision Support
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
• . To monitor, control and report the financial and management performance of the business internally and externally.
• Maintain and develop proper financial systems.
• To assist senior management in the formulation of the Company strategy by integrating systems of control and information sources to assist in strategy execution.
• Directed analysis of financial data and economic trends to monitor performance and identify critical areas of focus
• Support the Chief Financial Officer in financial reporting, financial diligence, forecasting, strategic performance plan, cost management and control.
• Conduct new product evaluation, setting performance goals and ensuring correct accounting treatment of all new products rolled out in-country.
• Execute the preparation and presentation of monthly financial reports to Regional Management.
• Support and facilitate the forecasting and RAF process.
• Business Analytics
• Support process improvement and re-engineering of management reporting process
• Develop financial plans in response to insights provided by Chief Financial Officer
• Investigate identified financial performance risks
• Engage other pillars of the business, ensuring that financial data is consistently applied
• System Improvement & Support
• Obtain an understanding of all the finance reporting systems and provide guidance on future developments and needs for information requirements in the business. This includes Centre interaction
• Embed and implement strategic performance management tools
• Staff Management
• Plan for training, professional development and succession requirements in the department.
• Provide guidance and coaching to subordinates to ensure a consistent approach to Business Performance and to improve standards for data integrity and completeness.
• Plan annual leave for staff to ensure adequate cover at all times.
• Foster excellent team work in the Finance team and across the business.
• Risk and Control
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards.
Postgraduate Degrees and Professional Qualifications: Financial Sciences (Required)
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.