Vacancy title: Head Treasury and Investments[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA)
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA) wishes to recruit for the position of Head Treasury and Investments to be based at Head Office. Interested applicants who meet the required competences are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be expected to have demonstrable competencies relevant to the respective job and will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
1.1 Main Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Director of Investments, the Head of Treasury and Investments’ responsibilities include providing front office functionality to the Investments Directorate. This involves preparing investment proposals and implementing investment approvals. It also involves funding all investment activities and placing all surplus funds in money and capital market instruments.
The Head of Treasury and Investments also advises the Directorate of Investments on the operationalization of the overall investment strategy and coordinates investment operations for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of strategic objectives.
1.2 Key Responsibilities
1. a) Front office functionality: Develop and implement the treasury and investments tactics for investing in various asset classes in accordance with NAPSA’s investment policy and investment guidelines, ensuring that all investments sections activities are aligned with the NAPSA business objectives.
2. b) Budgeting: Develop the Investment budget and work plan to ensure sufficient allocation of critical resources for the implementation of the treasury strategy.
3. c) Investment coordination: Submits investments recommendations, competitive offers in the market including forex deals, and reviews all final investments appraisals for further approval.
4. d) Policy development and review: Review treasury policies and procedures to ensure availability of guidelines that support the implementation of the section strategy within set timelines and quality standards, and to enhance compliance with the treasury regulations and laws.
5. e) Compliance: Monitor compliance with the relevant regulations and laws on treasury and investments management, to ensure minimal exposure to risks associated with noncompliance and the board is informed accordingly
6. f) Stakeholder engagement: Ensures that fund custodians and specialised fund managers are in place and their operating guidelines and reporting procedures and performance measurement systems are in place to ensure that the authority’s obtains quality services.
7. g) Performance reporting: Reviews investment monthly and quarterly performance reports, performance of all financial institutions, and investee companies, custodians, specialised asset managers dealing with NAPSA, and to safe guard members funds.
• Financial acumen-the ability to demonstrate knowledge and insight into financial principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data
• Superior spreadsheet skills
• Knowledge and experience investing across asset classes in a diversified investment portfolio
• Strong financial modelling skills and attention to detail
• Experience in structured finance
• Ability to apply sound business judgement and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
• Proven ability to effectively and efficiently lead and manage a team and work collaboratively under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
1.4 Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with Merit or better including English and Mathematics;
• Degree in Economics/ Accounting or equivalent/ ACCA/ CIMA or equivalent business-related field;
• Master’s Degree in a business-related field is essential
• A recognized Treasury Practitioners Certificate, such as ACI, CFA or CISI is highly recommended.
• Not less than 10 years of continuous experience in Treasury and Investments roles at Management level in a reputable institution with similar size of operations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Your application letter should be accompanied by a CV and copies of relevant certificates and should also specify your contact address and telephone number(s).
Application letters should be addressed to:
Acting Director Human Resources and Administration
National Pension Scheme Authority
Levy Business Park
P.O. Box 51275
The closing date of receipt of applications is Tuesday, 27 th September 2022.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
• ONLY APPLICANTS WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS INDICATED ABOVE WILL BE SHORTLISTED.
• FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
• ANY FORM OF LOBBYING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION OF THE CANDIDATE.
BE SMART, SECURE YOUR FUTURE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.