Vacancy title: Head of Department – Natural Sciences[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Teachers & Education ]
Jobs at:St Ignatius College
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
St Ignatius College a Jesuit owned secondary school seeks to recruit qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill the above stated position.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated social science programs for leaners and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
The Head of Department Natural sciences shall report to the Vice Principal.
1. Implementing excellent management practice as described by the college policy
2. Differentiating learning and assessment to meet the needs of individual learners.
3. To ensure that all teaching staff in the department plan and implement teaching loads at all times.
4. Design and implement performance management and development process for all natural science departmental members.
5. To be accountable for the whole performance of the Natural science department.
6. To encourage staff members to be actively engaged in their own teaching processes.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
1. Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
2. Team player and able to work under pressure
3. Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
4. Able to make sound independent judgment
5. Must be able to work with minimal supervision
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Full Grade Twelve School Certificate with 5 O levels.
2. Minimum of a Degree in Education
3. Must hold a valid teacher practising license
4. Minimum of five years’ experience in a reputable learning institution
5. The applicant should also have an interest in learner’s affairs holistically
1. Honest and reliable with strong moral strength
2. High levels of integrity
3. Ethical – fairness, sincerity.
4. Open-minded and strong team player.
5. Versatile – able to adopt to different situations.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Able to work with minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications to the undersigned. All applicants are expected to actively support the school’s Mission and contribute to the Jesuit and Ignatian values and ethos.
Please apply by submitting full detailed professional and academic qualifications, including a three paged comprehensive CV to:
The Human Resource Officer
St. Ignatius College
P.O. Box 34114
The College is an equal opportunity institution and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.