Head of Finance
Jobs at:DBK Management Consulting Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, August 27 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 22 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client employs more than 6 000 people across 7 businesses in 18 African countries. Our client is seeking to recruit a highly analytical and strategically focused professional to fill the position of Head of Finance.
Purpose of the Job
• Is to implement financial management strategies based on financial management principles, policies, and controls. Providing strategic and advisory support to the Managing Director on business strategy and operational matters related to finance and budget.
• Manage budget preparation process.
• Manage working capital, asset, and liability matching within the approved mandates.
• Preparation and sign-off of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• To coordinate and manage the audit process.
• Preparation and review of Annual Financial Statements.
• To compile and board and related sub-committee packs.
• Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal/external customers that build strong relationships and creates a favourable impression aligned to treating the Customer Fairly (TCF) principles.
• To develop, enhance, implement, and maintain an accurate, efficient, timely, and effective financial reporting system to ensure compliance with group and legislative reporting requirements and within required timelines.
• To implement, enhance and maintain financial control processes throughout the business to identify and mitigate key business risks and ensure timely and complete execution of fiduciary duties.
• To lead, coach and mentor staff across all business pillars in order to improve organizational capacity and improve business sustainability.
• To review, assess and manage the implementation of effective business processes in a proactive manner within agreed timelines across all business units in order to support the in-country and group management in the identification and mitigation of significant business and compliance risks.
• Timely and accurate submission of monthly reports and other ad hoc reports to Group.
• Drive and implement IFRS 17 transition within the Organization, including the ability to explain changes and variances to the ARC and the Board in detail.
• Resolve internal and external audit findings swiftly. Reduce findings over time through enhanced finance processes.
• Be a Strategic partner to the MD in driving growth of the business and meeting financial targets.
• At least 5 years of working experience in a financial service organization (preference will be given to the insurance sector).
• At least 5 years’ experience in a financial management environment.
• At least 5 years’ experience in managing people.
• Working Experience and knowledge of the SAP accounting system.
• Proven experience as a head of finance or a similar position.
• Solid understanding of financial management and accounting.
• Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
• Effective leadership qualities.
Experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
• Qualified CA or fully CIMA qualified
• At least three years post qualifying experience in a corporate environment.
• International Financial Reporting Standards. Exposure to IFRS17 will be an added advantage.
• MS Office Suite (Specifically Advanced Excel and PowerPoint).
• Professional Business Writing Skills.
• Knowledge of Tax regulations, Insurance Act, the Companies Act, and other relevant legislation in Zambia.
• A market related remuneration package will be awarded to the successful candidate based on their qualifications and experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Applications should be submitted online via the email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
• The applicants should submit: –
• A Letter of application, stating qualification for the role and addressed to:-
• The Managing Partner
• DBK Management Consulting Limited
• 7 Chifumbule Road
• Lusaka, Zambia
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified copies of all qualifications and certificates.
• Names and addresses of three (3) referees, two (2) of whom must be professional authorities in a relevant professional field.
• Any other relevant information that may assist the Search Committee in determining the suitability of the applicant.
• The subject line should state “Head of Finance”
• Closing Date
• All applications must be received by mid-night 25th August 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be responded to
• (Please note that if you have not received a reply within 15 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application was unsuccessful)
• This position is open to Zambian citizens ONLY.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.