Jobs at:Liberty Group South Africa
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 24 2023
Date Posted: Friday, November 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Is to implement financial management strategies based on financial management principles, policies, and controls. Providing strategic and advisory support to the Managing Director on business strategy and operational matters related to finance and budget.
• Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal/external customers that builds strong relationships and creates a favourable impression aligned to treating the Customer Fairly (TCF) principles.
• To develop, enhance, implement, and maintain an accurate, efficient, timely, and effective financial reporting system to ensure compliance with group and legislative reporting requirements and within required timelines.
• To implement, enhance and maintain financial control processes throughout the business to identify and mitigate key business risks and ensure timely and complete execution of fiduciary duties.
• To lead, coach and mentor staff across all business pillars in order to improve organisational capacity and improve business sustainability.
Additional Key Responsibilities
• To review, assess and manage the implementation of effective business processes in a proactive manner within agreed timelines across all business units in order to support the in-country and group management in the identification and mitigation of significant business and compliance risks.
• Timely and accurate submission of monthly reports and other ad hoc reports to Group.
• Drive and implement IFRS 17 transition within Liberty Life Zambia, including the ability to explain changes and variances to the ARC and the Board in detail.
• Resolve internal and external audit findings swiftly. Reduce findings over time through enhanced finance processes.
• Be a Strategic partner to the MD in driving the growth of the business and meeting financial targets.
• At least 5 years of working experience in a financial service organization (preference will be given to the insurance sector).
• At least 5 years experience in a financial management environment.
• At least 5 years’ experience in managing people.
• Working Experience and knowledge of the SAP accounting system.
• Proven experience as a head of finance or a similar position.
• International Financial Reporting Standards. Exposure to IFRS17 will be an added advantage.
• MS Office Suite (Specifically Advanced Excel and PowerPoint).
• Professional Business Writing Skills.
• Knowledge of Tax regulations, the Insurance Act, the Companies Act, and other relevant legislation in Zambia.
Liberty Group Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and the group’s Transformation Strategy, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards the achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the organisation.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.