Vacancy title: Health Care Financing Advisor (short-term)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Nathan Associates Inc
Deadline of this Job:
02 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nathan is seeking a short-term Health Care Financing (HCF) Advisor to conduct the tasks described below. The HCF Advisor will work with staff from R4G and the MOH to model the impact of various financing options on revenue generation, health promotion and utilization. Specific tasks to be performed are as follows.
1. In addition to the identified revenue generation strategies (i.e. taxes on tobacco, alcohol, sugar-sweetened beverages, fuel levy, medical levy, and a motor vehicle accident fund), suggest other potential mechanisms for financing health care in Zambia.
2. Identify and acquire necessary data needed to conduct a robust forecast of potential revenue that can be expected (in the short, medium, and long term) if each of the specified financing options were to be introduced in Zambia.
3. Using an established forecasting methodology, perform a forecasting exercise detailing the steps and assumptions made to quantify the amount of tax revenue that would be generated from each financing option.
4. Describe the strengths and limitations of the various financing options and their implications for revenue generation and health promotion and utilization.
5. Design and deliver a short training on revenue forecasting methodologies and implementation to R4G and MOH staff.
6. Produce and submit a final report to R4G and a detailed research report not exceeding 30 pages (excluding appendices). The report should include a brief introduction, a clear description of the forecast methods used and detailed results.
7. Produce a PowerPoint presentation to present the main findings, conclusions and recommendations of the research report that can be used in a public discussion.
All tasks will be conducted remotely unless otherwise agreed. This activity is projected to start in mid- to late August 2022 and run for an initial period of up to 21 work days. The timing and payment of the deliverables will be agreed with the candidate selected for this position. The HCF Advisor will report to R4G’s staff MoH Advisor. This position is open to Zambian and non-Zambian residents.
Qualifications & Skills:
The HCF Advisor is expected to possess the following qualifications and skills:
• A Master’s Degree (or higher) in Public Health, Economics, Health Economics, Mathematics, Public Finance, Public Policy, Computer science or related field. A Doctorate (PhD) in one of these subjects will be an added advantage.
• At least 8 years of work experience in economic modeling and related work. Prior experience with revenue forecasting models is desirable.
• Ability to conceptualize, develop and implement a mathematical model using Microsoft Excel or any other suitable forecasting software.
• Good understanding of the health-care sector in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
• Excellent research skills and ability to analyze and utilize findings.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong orientation to teamwork and ability to meet deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are requested to submit: 1) a preliminary outline of how the tasks described above will be conducted, including the specific forecasting method and datasets to be used; 2) a detailed CV clearly stating prior experience on similar tasks; and 3) a detailed budget for the tasks to be performed to RGARecruiting@nathaninc.com on or before September 2, 2022. Please include “R4G HCF Advisor” in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.