Jobs at:Compassion International
Deadline of this Job:
02 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The role of Program Health Support Specialist will be to provide subject matter expertise regarding the health of all program beneficiaries (pregnancy (Survival) through youth). This role will collaborate with other Support Specialists, Program Trainers and Partnership Facilitators to ensure staff and Implementing Church Partners are adequately informed and equipped to ensure preventative and curative care for all beneficiaries.
• The Program Health Support Specialist will:
• Serve as a SME to National Office leadership in developing country health strategies Interpret and contextualize the global physical development outcomes and indicators for Compassions Holistic Child and Youth Development program Maintain subject matter expertise on healthy physical development, theory and practice Support in mobilizing health related resources and networks for effective health programming and Support the preparedness and response to country level Public Health emergencies.
• The Program Support Specialist – Health will be responsible for supporting the implementation and regular review/revision of:
• National Office’s Health components to their annual CIV Strategy National Office’s Health Curriculum/Materials Health Progress Measures for all ages) Relevant Targeted Response interventions Other health-related program content/elements as assigned by the Manager of Program Support.
• This role will also understand the health funding needs of all beneficiary ages and support mobilizing resources (both Compassion and non-Compassion) to meet those needs. He/She will coordinate and provide oversight to support health related interventions, collaborating with the associated Partnership Facilitator(s), Complimentary Intervention Specialists, or other relevant Program Specialists (e.g., Survival Specialists), and the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to ensure implementation quality & effectiveness, as well as monitoring & evaluation and learning.
Education & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Health (Nursing or Medicine), Community or Public Health-related degree (having a Master’s Degree in Public Health/Community Health would be an added advantage).
Skills & Competencies
• An understanding of the national health care system.
• An understanding of the health and developmental milestones.
• Ability to understand the church and its context, be open to continuous learning, reflection, and improvement of the support provided to the church.
• Ability to review/analyse health data, reach conclusions and provide clear decisions/recommendations on health strategies.
• Ability to think programmatically and make appropriate recommendations/decisions on a national health strategy.
• Ability to effectively train non-medical personnel in basic health topics and assist lay leadership adapt best practices to the local context.
• Ability to collaborate well both internally & externally.
• Ability to network and build partnerships with other ministries, government agencies & organizations for resource mobilization
• Ability to represent Compassion on a professional level
• Ability to communicate (verbal & written) in a clear and effective manner
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
• Three years Relevant experience working in this or a related field.
Licenses and Certifications
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
• Office – Standard Office Environment
• Physical Demands
• Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
• Travel Requirements
• May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit compassion.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.