Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning (HVAC) Technician/ Electrician
Jobs at:Mika Meats Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title Of Position: Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning (HVAC) Technician/ Electrician
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Position Summary: Perform skilled work in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic systems, wiring, fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment. The electrician also diagnoses and inspects electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair while ensuring compliance with standards. S/he responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate electrical/refrigeration concerns.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Perform skilled electrical/refrigeration work with the ability to install, troubleshoot and repair systems and components
• Good knowledge of refrigeration
• Good knowledge of central plant chilling system and cold storage
• Good knowledge of repair of split and window aircon
• Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or Systems repair and/or replacement needs.
• Troubleshoot and repair electronic monitoring and control systems.
• Assist with preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on HVAC system, electrically powered equipment and appliances.
• Maintain inventory and recommend electrical supplies and equipment for purchase
• Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
• Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable work environment.
• Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner
Job Title: HVAC technician/ electrician
• Full grade 12 certificate
• Diploma in refrigeration and air-conditioning, electrical engineering or the equivalent, a higher qualification will be an added advantage.
• Must be a member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
• Must be computer literate
• Minimum of 3 years’ working experience as an electrician and refrigeration.
• Good knowledge of resolving electrical situations and problems
• Must be able to design and write electrical circuits on paper
• Good knowledge of HVAC systems
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and a team player.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision and long hours.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their applications letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
The human resources and administration manager
Mika hotel kabulonga
116, off kudu road, kabulonga
Candidates are free to either submit hard copies or soft copies to the above stated address.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 11th August, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.