Vacancy title: Human Resources and Administration Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Engineering Services , Category: Human Resources ]
Jobs at:Drake and Gorham (Z) Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Drake and Gorham Limited seeks the services of a qualified and experienced person to fill the following position;
Employee’s core responsibilities shall be among others:
• Preparation of letters of offer for employment and employment contracts for Drake and Gorham (Lusaka and Ndola Branches)
• Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
• Provide counselling on policies and procedures
• Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
• Develop training and development programs
• Assist in performance management processes
• Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
• Maintain employee records (attendance, Belina system etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
• Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
• Processing of Work permits and Visas
• Handling the renewals of EIZ/ ERB licenses for both the company and the employees
• Site visits to ensure human capital effectiveness and commitment
• Carry out regular and random Breath Testing for Alcohol
• Managing and scheduling of leave for all company employees
• Assist in the monthly payroll inputs
• Provide guidance and support on the laws of Zambia with regards to employment
• Update the Invoice data sheet as may require and as per guidance by the Managers
• Prepare for weekly and Annual Management meetings.ie taking down of notes, distribution of key points taken down and ensure follow ups and being attended too.
• Manage and issue stationery and sundries from the Store room to various depts and per their requirements. Ensure that stationary is replenished on a timely manner as well.
• Assist with the distribution of circulars and documents to and from the Directors
• Assist with filing requirements inclusive of requirement for the C.E.O and Managing Director
• Drafting of various internal/ external letters
• Any other job assigned by the Seniors
Qualification and experience:
• Degree in Human Resources Management or any equivalent Degree.
• Not less than 4 years’ prior experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of the Zambian Labour Laws and Belina time and attendance system.
• Ability to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Attentive to details.
• Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize numerous tasks at the same time
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.