Humanitarian Needs Assessment Specialist
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 03 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, October 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years and are now active in more than 80 countries.
• The Humanitarian Needs Assessment specialist will support country offices to conduct strong needs assessments in real time to improve principled humanitarian action, design relevant programmes, and help position Plan International for funding, ensuring we are able to meet the needs of the most at-risk children. The post holder will ensure user-friendly tools and guidelines are in place to support Country Offices conducting strong needs assessments and deliver high-quality needs assessment reports in real time. The post holder will be expected to travel regularly to support Country Offices design and implement needs assessments, Travel may be at short notice.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in humanitarian disaster relief management in a global organisation and driving innovations or improvements. Active extensive experience in humanitarian crisis relief across multiple organizations and countries. Significant experience in developing and implementing humanitarian emergency needs assessments in a broad range of humanitarian contexts including rapid-onset disasters. Proven experience in integrating gender lens to needs assessments. Demonstrable experience in the design and implementation of training activities.
• Able and willing to deploy at short notice to humanitarian crises. Proficient in a language or languages other than English – especially French, Spanish, Arabic.
Kindly note that only applications in English will be considered.
• Please click on this role profile for full details: Humanitarian Needs Assessments Specialist .docx
• Location: The location of this role can be flexible where Plan International has an office* that can employ on behalf of the Global Hub and you have the pre-existing right to work and live. You may be office, home or hybrid based.
• Type of Role: Permanent or FTC depending on the Country Office. Please note that employment terms will be as per the standard terms and conditions in the country where you are based.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.