Intern-Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)
Jobs at:Action Against Hunger
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, December 04 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Action Against Hunger Zambia is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Intern to support our dynamic team. The MEAL Intern will work closely with the MEAL Manager and other team members to contribute to the effective monitoring and evaluation of our programs in Zambia.
1. Data Collection and Analysis:
• Assist in the design and development of monitoring tools to ensure effective data collection.
• Assist in the collection, entry, and analysis of program data.
• Participate in field visits to ensure the quality of data and information gathered.
• Conduct data quality assessments and provide feedback to field teams for improvement.
• Support in the analysis of data to generate insights for program improvement.
2. Report Writing:
• Support the MEAL Manager in preparing timely and accurate reports on program activities.
• Contribute to the development of case studies and success stories.
• Collaborate with program teams to gather information for donor reports.
• Support the MEAL Manager in synthesizing data and findings into comprehensive reports.
3. Learning and Capacity Building:
• Engage in learning opportunities to enhance skills and understanding of MEAL practices.
• Participate in relevant training sessions and workshops.
• Contribute to the development of project proposals, ensuring alignment with donor requirements.
• Assist in the preparation of logical frameworks and results frameworks for proposed projects.
• Assist in the implementation of accountability mechanisms within programs.
• Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of feedback and response systems.
• Organize and maintain a comprehensive filing system for MEAL documents.
• Support in archiving and documenting project achievements and lessons learned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Demography, Agriculture, social sciences, development studies, statistics).
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and commitment to the principles of Action Against Hunger.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 1st December, 2023. Please include “MEAL Intern Application” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Note: This is a four-month internship position, and there is no guarantee of employment beyond the specified duration.
• Action Against Hunger is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.