Internal Audit Assistant
Jobs at:Mulungushi International Conference Centre Limited (MICCL)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, October 20 2023
Date Posted: Friday, October 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Mulungushi International Conference Centre Limited (MICCL) a member of the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) group of companies invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Internal Audit Assistant.
Internal Audit Assistant (1)
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To provide direct supports to the Internal Auditor in undertaking audits of all systems against applicable laws. legislation, regulations and company policies and procedures in accordance with the audit plans.
• Prepares and presents reports that clearly reflects the audit results.
• Obtains, analyses, and evaluates accounting documentation, reports, and data.
• Assists to document the audit process and prepares audit findings
• Checks all accounting process and organisations' databases.
• Helps to review and offer solutions to internal audit issues
• Participates in meetings with different departments to update audit findings and improve on the audit process
• Assists in the evaluation of the internal control environment of the organization
• Carries out audits as per the approved Audit Plan and any other assignments as requested: Reviews bank reconciliations
• Conducts audits of Management Accounts
• Carries out audit of statutory obligations payments
• Identifies, develops, documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgement conceming areas being reviewed
• Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to the Internal Auditor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 School Certificate with five credits including Maths and English
• Diploma in Accounting
• ACCA/CIMA level2/CADiploma
• Registered Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
• Minimum of two (2) year's experience in a similar position in an Audit Firm
TRAINING, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND RELATED COMPETENCES REQUIRED UNDERTAKING THE ROLE
• Audit planning
• Internal audit standards and procedures
• Internal control assessments
• Risk based auditing
• Computer Aided Audit Techniques
• IT Systems and security audit
• Quality assurance reviews
• Audit reporting
• Understanding of financial management
• Knowledge of accounting systems • Corporate governance
• Be computer literate
• Analytical thinking Report writing
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above stipulated qualifications should send their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and certified NRC with full addresses and contact telephone numbers of three (3) traceable referees clearly stating the position being applied for to the address below.
The Acting Human Resource Manager
The Mulungushi International Conference Centre Limited
P.O. Box 33200
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for job interviews.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.