Vacancy title: Internal Audit Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Agora Microfinance Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Agora Microfinance Zambia Limited (AMZ) is a licensed microfinance lending company that currently operates in the Western, Luapula, Southern, Northern, North-Western, Eastern, Copperbelt, Muchinga, Lusaka and Central provinces of the country.
The mission of AMZ is to ‘Contribute to the economic well-being of the poor through effective provision of appropriate financial services.’
To assist in the provision of independent and objective inspections and to ensure that external regulations, internal policies, procedures and best practices within the organization are adhered to by all.
• To conduct inspections of Branches and Head Office functions according to set plan and schedules and submit reports to the Internal Controls Manager.
• Inspect business operations and financial transactions and ensure that all accounts are booked in accordance with the approved system of account and point out transaction that are not within its powers or are contrary to the banking regulations and organization policies and procedures for the attention of the Internal Controls Manager.
• Conduct Head Office and Branch audit to ensure that all company system policies and procedures are being complied with and make recommendations.
• Confirm account balance with clients by investigating accounts with material difference in balance.
• Perform proper incident analysis and ensure that all open findings/agreed action plans from previous inspections and audit exceptions are timely closed with zero repeat findings.
• To assist other departments in developing risk registers and monitoring risks.
• To carry out investigations into allegations of fraud within the organization.
• Review loan application and appraisal reports, loan approval, cash flow analysis and loan utilization reports.
• Verify agreement in amount of loan approved with actual disbursed.
• Reconcile Head Office account with branch account specifically cash in vault.
• Reconcile advances/transfers to and from Head Office account and inter branch transfer from vault to depository bank.
• To provide training and support to staff within the organization.
• Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Accounts or Business Diploma, ACCA/CIMA/ZiCA Level II or equivalent.
• Some work experience in an audit firm or financial institution will be an added advantage.
• Average knowledge of the operational environment, appreciates and exhibit audit ethics.
• General knowledge of the banking and microfinance work environment.
• Knowledge of policy and procedure within the job environment.
• Good inter-personal and communication skills.
• Analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
• Good report writing and oral presentation skills.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be sent through e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be cleared marked Internal Audit Officer in the subject line.
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday 16th December, 2022.
AMZ is an equal opportunities employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.