Vacancy title: Internal Auditor[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Banking , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Bank of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 31 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following vacant positions:
INTERNAL AUDITOR – HO (1 POST)
Conducts performance, financial and compliance audit assignments, under supervision; identifying risks, and objectively evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls, governance and risk management.
1. Participate in identifying and evaluating the Bank’s risks and provide input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
2. Conduct interviews to collect data from the client, administer surveys, review documents, compose summary memos, and prepare working papers including issues for consideration in drafting the audit report.
3. Provide input in preparing the planning memo, the preliminary survey and audit program for each audit assignment.
4. Performing audits procedures of business processes, functions and application controls in the supporting IT systems, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting client processes and procedures.
5. Execute the audit program during fieldwork including, documenting, evaluating internal controls, governance and risk management processes to determine their adequacy and effectiveness.
6. Prepare audit working papers for areas audited in accordance with approved Standards and clear review points raised.
7. Identify, develop and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgement concerning areas being reviewed;
8. Provide input in the preparation of the draft audit report reflecting an overview of the function reviewed, conclusions regarding the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and operational efficiencies
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Internal Audit; Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Banking & Finance Economics or related field
• Certifications in ACCA/CIMA/ACA /CIA /CISA
• Three (3) years relevant experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
• An understanding of management principles to recognize and evaluate the materiality and significance of deviations from best practices.
• An appreciation of the fundamentals of subjects such as accounting, economics, public administration, law, finance, and information technology.
• Skills in internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
• Skills in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
• Maintains professional and ethical standards.
• Self-driven and exercises independent judgments.
• Ability to work in an intense deadline driven environment.
• Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
• Skills in using computers with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyse.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), scanned certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the online application. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 31 May 2023. Please note that only applications submitted online shall be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.