Jobs at:Zambia National Public Health Institute
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ministry of Health (MoH) with support from the World Bank is implementing the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) Regional Investment Financing Project (ACDCP) which aims to enhance Public Health Security capacity by supporting the establishment of infectious disease control systems on the African continent.
The Africa CDC is a specialized technical institution of the African Union established to support public health initiatives of Member States and strengthen the capacity of their public health institutions to detect, prevent, control, and respond quickly and effectively to disease threats. To help Africa CDC and countries in the region cope with the burden of disease threats and outbreaks, the World Bank has provided funding to the Africa CDC headquarters in Addis Ababa, the Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) and the Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI) for strengthening vital institutional capacities to execute measurable public health functions through the Africa Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention Regional Investment Financing Project (ACDCP).
The overall Project Development Objective (PDO) is to support Africa CDC to strengthen continental and regional infectious disease detection and response systems.
a. Duty Station: Zambia National Public Health Institute PIU, Lusaka
b. Reports to: Project Coordinator – ACDCP
c. Title: Internal Auditor (1 Post)
Objective of the assignment
The Internal Auditor will primarily be responsible for providing assurance that the systems of internal controls, risk management and governance arrangements are operating effectively and efficiently. The IA will undertake systems compliance audit of the institution, ensuring that Project complies with provision of the financing agreement, disbursement letter and project implementation manual. The IA will also be responsible for ensuring that audit reports are prepared on time and shared with the World Bank and the Ministry of Finance. The Internal Auditor will work closely with the Director Internal Audit Unit at the Ministry Headquarters:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Internal Auditor (IA) shall carry internal audits of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) Regional Investment Financing Project (ACDCP) in accordance with international standards of auditing as issued by the International Internal Audit Standards Board (IIASB). The IA will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and implement appropriate audit systems for the project to meet the requirements of the Government of Zambia (GRZ) and The World Bank at central level.
• Prepares internal audit plans and undertakes timely audit assignments for the the Zambia Africa CDC project to assess the effectiveness of the internal controls
• Timely prepares audit reports arising from the audit of Africa CDC Project and shares the
report with World Bank and MOH.
• Monitor progress in the implementation of Africa CDC Projectaction plan and establish expenditure tracking systems to ensure value for money in the system.
• On a sample basis, review payments being processed by the project to ensure full documentation, proper authorizations, compliance with procurement procedures and any other requirements such provision of advance or performance bonds.
• Assess whether good, civil works, consulting and non-consulting services have been procured in accordance with laid down procedures by World Bank, ZNPHI and the MOH
• Assist with the development of various documentation, reports or any materials required from time to time by the Ministry of Health and World Bank. This will include amongst others, the audit reports, annual reports, progress reports on the Africa CDC Project
• Provide assurance that the funds provide to the project are being used for the intended purpose and the financial management arrangement is place are adequate;
• Assess whether the statements of expenditures, the IFRs and other accounting information reported to management are accurate and in compliance with the guidelines and procedures
• Provide recommendation to improve controls or reduce financial management risks and makes follow ups on recommendation made in previous internal audit reports
• Attend and participate in project meetings and give input to audit related matters.
Duration of the assignment
This is a two-year performance-based contract may be renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor of Accountancy and Finance, ZICA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent or any equivalent professional accounting qualification
• Master of Accountancy, Auditing, Business Administration or any equivalent will be an added advantage
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) 0969633960
• At least 5 years post qualifying experience of which three should be in Audit.
• Experience and knowledge of the Public Finance Act and related Financial Regulations of GRZ
• Experience and knowledge of World Bank or other Donors’ financial guidelines and regulations will be an added advantage.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Computer literate, particularly in MS Word and Excel
• Proficiency in Accounting packages such as Navision, IFMIS.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should obtain detailed Terms of Reference from this link:
http://znphi.co.zm/news/employment-opportunity and further information from address below during office hours i.e. 08.00 to 13.00 hours and 14.00 hours to 17.00 hours.
Application letters addressed to the Permanent Secretary (Administration), Ministry of Health, should include certified copies of academic / professional certificates and detailed Curriculum
Vitae with three traceable references. Applications must be submitted in hard copy to the address below or deposited in the Tender Box at the Ministry of Health, Ndeke House, Haile Selassie Road, ground floor of Ndeke House by or before 27th May 2022 before 10:30 hours local time. Envelopes should clearly “indicate the position applied for” under the Africa CDC Regional Investment
Financing Project (167916).
If submitted in electronic copies, they must be submitted to the email addresses indicated below by the above stated time and date. The email subject line should clearly “indicate the position applied for”
Chief Procurement and Supplies Officer
Ministry of Health
P.O Box 30205, Lusaka – Zambia, Tel: +260 211 253040/5
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.