Internal Controls Officer
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, October 26 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, October 12 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To mitigate FinTech operational risks through reconciliations, analysis, reporting (financial, operational, products & services etc.) and validation in line with identified business risks within MTN Zambia FinTech/Mobile Money in accordance to regulatory guidelines, industry best practice and Zambian AML/CFT rules and laws.
The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
• Daily custody account reconciliations of NFS transactions, interest accounts and any MTN pre-funded accounts held with partners and exception reporting;
• Reconciles system balances pre and post implementation of any major updates, changes etc. on the ECW system;
• Monitors minimum capital requirements within regulatory thresholds and monitoring of operational finance risk in mobile money, and reporting of progress and actions required to maintain plans on course;
• Identifies, assesses and reports business risks through mobile money transactions in MTN Zambia, in collaboration with the departmental Risk Champion;
• Executes appropriate operational risk frameworks thus supporting processes such as KYC, fraud prevention procedures and policies in place and proactively tracks control gaps;
• Ensures products and services are configured according to product specification, and that system configurations post launch are as specified in product description and report periodically on tests performed;
• Tests configuration of the transaction rules on MoMo platform (e.g. reversals, float allocation, prefunding, etc.) and report periodically on tests performed;
• Tests business rules and configurations of account profiles (subscribers, merchants, agents) on MoMo platform periodically for limits, fees, transaction bands, vouchers, etc. and report periodically on tests performed.
• Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
• First Degree, ACCA, IT, Commerce, an AML/CFT certification will be an added advantage;
• A minimum of three years’ experience of auditing/risk management within an internationally recognized practice/firm or Banking environment;
• Knowledge in Auditing and Risk Management, IT, AML and financial crime and associated risk types;
• Financial analysis and interpretation of data.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Women are strongly encouraged to apply
• Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted and closing date for accepting applications is 18/10/2023.
• Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.