International Payments Manager
Jobs at:ABSA Group
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 31 2023
Date Posted: Friday, October 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
• To manage Transaction Processing Team from a people, process and control point of view.
• To Manage Capacity planning process and expense tracking and reporting process.
• Plus any other duties that my be assigned by line manager from time to time
• Ensure that team members own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner. Act as the escalation point for their unresolved queries and complaints.
• To manage Transaction Processing Team.
• Sensitise staff on the need to be alert especially when processing large transactions.
• Compile management information on productivity and errors. Analyze the information, develop action plans for improvement where required and obtain approval from the head of commercial operations.
• Snap check on a daily basis large transactions to ensure that staff adhere to Funds Transfer Operating Standards (FTOS)
• Ensure that LAM principles are adhered to during processing transactions at all times.
• Process transactions within agreed SLA to avert delayed processing related risks such as exchange losses, interest claims etc.
• Take overall accountability for control elements in the team by ensuring processes and procedures (such as FTOs and MPP) are followed according to Absa standards.
• Ensure risk events for the department are completed on STIG.
• Own and manage the business continuity plan for the department. Conduct tests as required and report results. Own action items for deviations.
• Conduct pre – audits on a regular basis and report the findings to the line Manager.
• On at least a monthly basis, conduct team meeting to review safety, health and environment policies and all circulars.
• Review team Nostros and suspense accounts.
• Implement Departmental Function Checklists as a tool to manage productivity
• Ensure monthly reviews are completed timeously.
• Ensure review/audit findings are promptly addressed and Issue Closure Packs submitted in good time.
• Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that team members receive coaching and feedback in order to develop to achieve their maximum potential.
• Discuss and finalise performance development plans and ratings for all members of staff in the team.
• Determine and manager training needs analysis and succession plans for the team.
• Manage staff attendance levels, including approval of leave. Compile monthly absence statistics (annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, study leave etc), and submit to performance for record keeping.
• Directly responsible for discipline – initiate misconduct or incapacity charges, follow Absa discipline processes.
• Motivates staff and ensure they are recognized through the Absa reward and recognition schemes.
• Implement a Skills matrix to track and monitor staff development and training needs.
• Responsible for the strict cost management by conducting detailed analysis , on a monthly basis , of the following cost elements :
• Overtime approvals
• Equipment maintenance
• Stationary consumption/telephones etc
• Sundry losses
• Staff costs
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa’s Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
• Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.