Investigations Officer - ICT
Jobs at:Human Rights Commission
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, September 25 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Candidate must be a Zambian with a minimum age of 23 years
• Full Grade Twelve School Certificate
• A Degree in Information Communication Technology, Computer Science or a related field
• Solid understanding of ICT fundamentals, including networking, hardware, software, and security Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective communication and teamwork abilities
• Adaptability and willingness to take on new responsibilities
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: including formula, pivot tables, Power Queries and report building (i) Possess Project Management Skills
• Knowledge in web content management systems
• Member of the Information and Communications Technology Association of Zambia - ICTAZ
• ICT Professional certifications will be an added advantage
The successful candidates will report to the Chief Investigations and Legal Services and will be responsible for the following:
• Manage effectively the design, development, acquisition and management of application systems, database systems in order to promote innovations, ensure highest levels of data security, integrity and availability and efficient service delivery
• Provide ICT strategic inputs to HRC Management
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Smart Zambia, ICT Vendors to identify technology needs and provide ICT solutions that enhance the Commission's operations
• Assist in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of hardware and software systems used at the Human Rights Commission
• Manage system integration projects, build/maintain data capture tools and reporting
• Troubleshoot technical issues and provide timely support to ensure seamless operations at the commission
• Contribute to the development and implementation of ICT policies and security measures at the Commission
• Assist in data management, analysis, and reporting to optimize processes and decision-making.
• Able to undertake effectively the acquisition, configuration, installation and maintenance of server applications in order to facilitate availability of e-services and applications.
• Manage the availability of disaster recovery of ICT infrastructure and procedures in order to guarantee business continuity
• Undertakes timely servicing, repair and rehabilitation of ICT infrastructure and assets in order to prolong life span of the equipment and facilitate replacement
• Undertakes efficiently the provision of ICT Technical support in order to facilitate smooth running of commission's operations
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the undersigned not later than Monday 25th September 2023. Applicants should enclose Curriculum Vitae's and photocopies of relevant certificates. Original Certificates must be produced during interviews for the shortlisted candidates. Applicants are encouraged to bring their applications in person or send them by post or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Human Rights Commission,
Human Rights House (Ministry of Lands Premises)
P.O. Box 33812,
All positions applied for should be clearly labeled in the subject of the email or envelope
The Human Rights Commission is a National Human Rights Institution established under Article 230(i) of the Constitution of Zambia with a broad mandate of ensuring that the Bill of Rights is upheld and protected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.