Vacancy title: Junior Accounting Specialist[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries.
The Agriculture and Food Security Cluster is comprised of four projects, which are part of the global initiative One World – No Hunger (SEWOH) as well as other bilateral and global projects in the same sector and with similar target groups and objectives. The four SEWOH projects are: Green Innovation Centres for the Agriculture and Food Sector (GIC), Food and Nutrition Security and Enhanced Resilience (FANSER), Promotion of Agricultural Finance for Agri-based Enterprises in Rural Areas (AgFin) and Fish for Food Security (F4F).
Zambia is one of many African countries in which SEWOH is being implemented. SEWOH is a BMZ special initiative addressing the two challenges hunger and malnutrition. The key objectives are to increase income, employment and eradicate hunger and malnutrition by creating access to sufficient, affordable and healthy food and to create a framework to ensure that future generations will also have sufficient, affordable and nutritious food in spite of the rapidly expanding world population. In Zambia specifically, the Agriculture and Food Security Cluster is working on increasing regional food supplies and promoting access to and better use of financial services in the project’s rural target areas in Eastern, Southern and Luapula Provinces.
In order to meet the cluster’s growing needs, GIZ is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Junior Accounting Specialist (Mansa based)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Project accounting and facilitating payments at the Agriculture and Food Security Cluster Mansa Office
• Prepare the monthly budgets for the cluster separated by projects and coordinate the request for funds.
• Management of receivables for the cluster
• Correct errors detected in the monthly error sheets
• Liaison with the banks and the Country Office for banking and accounting matters
• Preparation and working on findings for the Internal Control Audits for the Mansa Office
Other duties/additional tasks
Performing other tasks at the request of management
Qualifications and requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field; alternatively holds a full ZICA qualification, ACCA Level 2 qualification or its equivalent.
Must be a member of ZICA
• At least 2-3 years’ work experience in a comparable position with references
Other knowledge, additional competences:
• Good command of English, both written and oral
• Good knowledge of the widely spoken languages in Zambia
• Sensitivity in handling and disposing of documents which may be important
• Reliability and good organisational skills
• Must be trustworthy and proactive
• Appropriate appearance and attire
The successful candidate will be expected to start employment with GIZ, on a fixed term with a possibility of renewal. Interested candidates must send the CV and a cover letter electronically, quoting the reference GIZ_AGR_JAS_MSA in the subject line to: email@example.com by 17:00hrs on Wednesday 14th December 2022. GIZ will only assess applications which meet the following criteria:
• Cover letters must be sent using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position. In the second paragraph, outline your experience in the position
• CVs must be submitted in PDF not exceeding three (3) pages. Do not indicate your marital status, religion, Political affiliation or insert your photo.
• Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
• Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.
Mansa based candidates are encouraged to apply
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. GIZ is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.