Vacancy title: Junior Finance & Administrative Specialist[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
09 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries.
The programme “Promoting efficient and transparent local governance in Zambia” is funded by the Federal German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development to support Zambia’s decentralization process. At the local level the Programme works with the local governments in Southern Province and Luapula Province to strengthening their capacities in managing development processes, enhancing their own source revenues, promoting citizen participation and improving local public service delivery.
The programme is supporting selected local authorities in Luapula Province with (1) the assessment of citizen needs and the implementation of pilot projects to improve citizen-oriented public service delivery, (2) the design and implementation of citizen engagement and participatory processes in th programme’s areas of support (particularly regarding public financial management), (3) awareness raising and capacity development of civil society (e.g. citizen, WDCs etc.) on local government processes.
In this context, GIZ is seeking a suitable candidate for the following position:
Junior Finance & Administrative Specialist (based – Mansa)
Main tasks and responsibilities
Bookkeeping and accounting for the GIZ D4D project office:
• Pays for minor purchases according to GIZ regulations
• Managing and monitoring of the monthly and annual accounting and financial plans
• Monitors bank balances and initiates transfer of funds from GIZ Country Office
• Financial management (e.g. cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbooks of the project) including annual budget monitoring and proactive expenditure planning in liaison with the team leader
• Preparing and posting of vouchers into WINPACCS bank book and cash book according to the Cash Agreement and the regulations
• Ensures that all expenditures are posted in accordance with cost as well as budget output codes
• Submits correctly and timely the monthly accounts for the project to the GIZ Country Office
• Ensures that all payment documentation is in line with GIZ regulations
• Books travel expenses of staff (or partners)
• Accounts for and replenishing of financial resources managed in the project office in Mansa
• Provides complete and timely documentation to the Head of Administration and Finance on the purchase of durable goods for inventory Management
• Provides training and guidance to project staff on GIZ accounting rules and procedures
• Checks if re-bookings are correct and eligible
• Maintains separate contract files for the project and ensures that the expenditure for different journals are separated
Participates in the Project’s External & Internal Control Audit:
• Following up on GIZ audit recommendations (such as monthly error sheets, internal controls, external audits)
• Corrects errors detected in the monthly error sheets and in internal controls
• Provides all financial and accounting information to auditors
• Prepares for and accompanies internal and external audits
• Immediately informs the Team Leader on any financial or accounting irregularities
Providing administrative and procurement services for the Project:
• Receives and attends to visitors
• Correspondence distribution and storage
• Timely procuring of goods and services in line with the GIZ P+R and GIZ Zambia Country Office delegation levels
• Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies
• Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures according to the P+R
• Reviewing, comparing, analysing, and approving products and services to be purchased
• Monitoring availability of materials and stock and carries out procurement in accordance with GIZ guidelines
• Accurate documenting and filing contracts properly and in line with GIZ rules & regulations
Managing the Programme’s Fleet in accordance with the GIZ regulations
• Checking and signing of logbooks monthly
• Ensuring all private mileages are invoiced and paid for
• Updating fuel consumption for the project vehicles monthly and filing the monthly consumption sheets.
• Supporting the fleet management in coordination with the driver in ensuring regular motor vehicle maintenance by keeping track of motor vehicle repairs and servicing, fitness and road tax payments and general cleanness
• Ensuring all programme vehicles are kept in a clean and neat condition.
Logistics and events:
• Organising administrative and logistical aspects of the project activities (i.e. meetings, workshops, drawing up travel schedules, hotel and ticket reservations, organising transport for visitors, etc.)
• Preparation of missions, workshops, seminars and events for the programme and its partner institutions
• Keeping track of and managing projectors, laptops/computers, ZOPP cases, pinboards, cameras, mobile phones etc
• Scheduling in-house and external events
• Organizing a filing system for important and confidential company documents
• Coordinating travels and preparing travel claims for both GIZ and Partner Personnel
Other duties/additional tasks
• Maintains good communication and coordination with the Country Office, partner organisations and other GIZ programmes on all issues related to his/her areas of responsibility
• Makes suggestions to the Team Lead on any improvements in the efficiency of accounting activities and procedures of the Programme
• Maintains confidentiality of information
• Immediately informs the Finance and Administration Manager on any financial or accounting irregularities
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• CA level 2, CIMA Level 2, ACCA level 2,
• University degree in relevant specialization and
• Must be a paid-up member of ZICA
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competencies
• Ample knowledge of accounting standards and procedures
• Ample knowledge of the Zambian legislation and institutional landscape relevant for financial administration
• Sensitivity to issues of intercultural relations, coupled with the experience of working effectively in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
• Computer literacy for financial management and accounting
The successful candidate will be expected to start employment with GIZ, on a fixed term contract. Interested candidates must send the CV and a cover letter electronically, quoting the reference GIZ_D4DIV_JFAS_MSA in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00hrs on Wednesday, 9th November 2022. GIZ will only assess applications which meet the following criteria:
• Cover letters must be sent using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position. In the second paragraph, outline your experience in the position
• CVs must be submitted in PDF not exceeding three (3) pages. Do not indicate your marital status, religion, Political affiliation or insert your photo.
• Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
• Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. GIZ is committed to be an equal opportunities employer, therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.