Junior Trade Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2023
Date Posted: Monday, June 12, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Support the Government of the Republic of Zambia and other bilateral partners in Zambia in fostering their role in implementing the AfCFTA through technical advisory services on the member state level.
• Collaborate closely with the AU Commission, the GIZ AfCFTA Support Programme Team (which the advisor is part of) as well as with Regional Economic Communities (especially SADC).
• Support the work of short-term experts to undertake subject-specific research into areas of concern to Member State representatives.
• Participate in technical meetings throughout the key project component topics of trade in services, goods as well as the investment protocol.
• Provide technical support on various aspects of trade integration, including trade in goods, trade in services, trade facilitation, and stakeholder involvement and possibly also industrialization, value chain and other emerging topics.
• Participate in the AfCFTA Team meetings and bilateral exchanges with AfCFTA advisors throughout the various project components and locations.
• Work with other team staff, GIZ projects and be familiar with GIZ internal procurement processes.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Degree in Economics, Law, or equivalent.
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in French is an asset.
• Demonstrated experience of at least 2 years in trade or trade policy.
• First understanding of regional and continental economic integration issues in Africa.
• First experience in consultancy of governments and public institutions is an asset.
• Experience in development cooperation is an asset.
• Experience in working with AU or other regional organizations and the Government of the Republic of Zambia is an asset.
• Flexibility to travel within the region.
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to work in an intercultural environment.
• Problem solving and proactive work attitude.
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements and to work under tight deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.