Key Account Manager
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, October 25 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, October 12 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The successful incumbent will be responsible for increasing direct and indirect sales of BASF agricultural solutions to selected key accounts within Zambia by fostering customer loyalty and customer retention through regular visits and on ground support. End to end process management from needs analysis, forecasting, planning, technical advice as well as the management of key stakeholder relationships relating to the relevant key accounts.
Duties will include the following:
• Manage sales to respective key accounts (distributors and farmer key accounts) in conjunction with the Business manager for Southern Africa, including identification and segmentation of new/potential key accounts.
• Conduct regular visits to distributors and farmer key accounts to determine needs and offer solutions within BASF portfolio; and provide technical consultations in conjunction with Technical Sales Support.
• Ensure accurate monthly and annual forecasting fitting to distributors and farmers key account buying patterns.
• Develop proposals for strategic product positioning and ensure implementation; create strategic product positioning documents by crop season.
• Optimize marketing material in crop protection and advertising program in line with area strategy in partnership with the marketing department.
• Manage and improve relationship relating to key account activities on the executive level.
• Establish sound relationships and communicate regularly with area team, customers agents and their management structures.
• Ensure BASF products are included in tender/material requests.
• Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Marketing or Business Administration.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the agriculture industry and preferably in crop protection sector.
• Good knowledge of fungicides, herbicides and pesticides.
• Proven record of client relationship management skills.
• Strong proficiency in computer literacy and extensive technological aptitude.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company. BASF is an equal opportunity employer which we embrace diversity and the principles of employment equity.
At BASF, the chemistry is right.
• Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.