Key Accounts Manager: Retail & Horcea
Jobs at:Zambeef Products PLC
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 29 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold chain food products and Agribusiness Company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa region. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution, and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stock feed, and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
• Zambeef Products PLC is an equal-opportunity employer. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate for the role outlined below. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Overall Role Purpose
• Responsible for the focused management and development of strategic accounts across Retail and HORECA channels. Focused on the creation, execution & communication of the customer plan, including trade investment management and application, that delivers consistent, competitive, profitable, and sustainable growth. Management of the external customer communication in order to ensure on-going development and profitable growth for each assigned trade account, channel, and category. Our Key Account Manager works closely with and is supported by several cross functional teams including commercial management, marketing, merchandising, finance, supply divisions, and logistics to establish best-in-class practices and unlock opportunities to deliver against sales revenue and profitability targets.
The Required Skills for the Role:
• Maximizing sales results at the lowest cost by applying effective sales/marketing strategies, effectively negotiating trade promotions, and demonstrating effective budget management.
• Implementing of tactics that are developed through a shared planning process with cross-functional collaboration internally with relevant teams.
• Participating in the sales and marketing development planning of the group’s annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting process internally and at the assigned customer accounts.
• Closely monitoring weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual performance against set targets and KPIs (volumes, turnover, coverage, pricing, margins, payments/debtors’ collection).
• Managing the total customer interface ensuring ongoing development and profitable growth for the assigned customers.
• Utilizing/managing trade spending to support the delivery of Zambeef’s overall objectives and strategies within agreed parameters.
• Providing leadership for the relevant sales team for the target channels in the drive to achieve and exceed sales and business objectives; and manage the relevant resource deployment across the sales area.
• Aiming for sustainable growth for the total business whilst meeting all agreed performance targets.
• Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures its strong presence.
• Becoming the lead for agreed developmental projects for the sales team and customer.
• Building excellent ways of working and relationships with the customer/client base, ensuring excellent service delivery.
• Gathering and providing competitive information and market insights to the business on a regular and continuous basis, including emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
• Responsible for implementing food health, quality & safety; and safety & security policies and management systems relevant to the role and work environment in collaboration with the relevant internal teams
Required Qualifications for the Role:
• Full Grade 12 Certificate with 5 Credits
• BA in Business Administration/Sales/Marketing.
• 5-10 years of progressive previous account/business development and trade/consumer marketing experience.
• Valid driver’s license and willing to travel regionally when required.
Required Attributes for the Role:
• Well-developed P&L management, budget control and analytical skills.
• Decision making and problem-solving prowess.
• Strong managerial and people leadership skills.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels with internal and external stakeholders.
• Capability to manage portfolio and SKU strategy across broad product offering in FMCG.
• Have the supervisory and management skills to lead a business development agenda.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal & written skills, high numeracy levels and computer skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their applications letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
• THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
• Zambeef Products PLC
• P/B 17, Woodlands
• Lusaka or
• Email: Recruitment@zambeef.co.zm
• NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
• The closing date for receipt of applications is 29th September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.