Vacancy title: Knowledge and Data Management Specialist[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Computer & IT ]
Jobs at:DAI Global LLC
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Contract Name: USAID Local Impact Governance Activity
Type: Long Term Technical Assistance
Salary Grade: Grade 9
Period of Performance: On/around October 15, 2022 – November 1, 2025
1. Activity Overview
The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Activity (Local Impact) is helping Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program is engaging national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of partner provinces and districts to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity is specifically working toward three objectives:
Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
1. Role’s Purpose
The Knowledge and Data Management Specialist will work directly with the MEL Team to lead the Knowledge and Data Management activities of the project under the supervision of the CLA Director. S/he will oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of project Management Information Systems (MIS) and Knowledge Management platforms to meet the information and knowledge needs of the project, USAID, Government of Zambia (GRZ) and other stakeholders. S/he will be responsible for managing database tools and protocols for high-quality and meaningful real-time analysis, visualization, and reporting for Local Impact’s monitoring and learning. S/he will work in close coordination with the data collection team and the Communications and Outreach Coordinator to ensure collaboration and consistency across the MEL data system. S/he will also be responsible for maximizing usability of the system through regular consultation and capacity building of the wider Local Impact team on MEL and data management tools and workflows. S/he will support project and Learning Lab Partners maintain the virtual and physical Knowledge and Information Hubs to ensure ease of access, user-friendliness, and currency of resources. Additionally, the Knowledge and Data Management Specialist will assist in the development and execution of surveys, studies, and reports.
Data Management Function
• Development and implementation of data collection and data entry tools and database protocols for optimal and iterative analysis to meet monitoring, evaluation, and reporting need.
• Support the design, implementation, and maintenance of MIS to meet the needs of the project, USAID, GRZ, and other stakeholder.
• Manage MIS access, security, integrity, and backup procedures
• Build the capacity of project and partner staff in the use of the project MIS.
• Ensure that the MIS is regularly updated with up-to-date data.
• Supports the MEL team in collection, verification, and update of data; monitors data accuracy, entry, and cleaning; and maintains accurate and up-to-date metadata.
• In collaboration with the MEL Team Lead, responsible for designing and providing regular staff training, technical support, and oversight on data management Support the design and implementation of electronic data collection and reporting tools to support the project adherence to the donor reporting requirement.
• Lead efforts to improve data use at all levels, through development of insightful data visualization to inform service delivery and activity programming.
• Support the project teams with pre-defined and customized indicators performance dashboard to support performance gaps identification and tailored improvement plans.
• Support the integration of MIS with USAID Development Information Solution (DIS) and reporting of indicator data to USAID.
• Development of high-quality, dynamic data visualizations and reports, integrating a range of formats for use in planning and reporting.
• Contribute to high quality analytical products, examining trends and best practices across objectives for use in program management and new business opportunities.
• Supports the CLA Director to deliver progress reports.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Management Function
• Support project and Learning Lab Partners maintain the virtual and physical Knowledge and Information Hubs to ensure ease of access, user-friendliness, and currency of resources.
• Support the project regularly disseminate relevant information and knowledge to stakeholders through the Learning Lab.
• Support the project integrate audio, video, and graphics into the virtual Knowledge and Information Hub.
• Support the Learning Lab partners regularly update the virtual and physical Knowledge and Information Hubs, maintaining information in a systematic manner.
• Coordinate with project teams and partners to track and publish high-quality Knowledge Management (KM) deliverables by set deadlines.
• Support organization of learning activities such as pause and reflects, learning summits and after-action review.
• Work with the Learning Lab to design and implement operational research and evaluations to inform learning, adaptive management, and development of Policy Briefs.
• Contribute to the development of policies, implementation practices and processes for improving knowledge management, organizational learning, and related activities inclusive of processes for After Action Reviews, Pause and Reflect and Learning Summits.
• Provides technical support and training, as needed, to the project partners and technical staff to improve their requisite skills in knowledge management.
• Coordinate responses to requests for information from partners and stakeholders.
• Support project in designing and formatting communication and knowledge products.
• Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required.
• Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately.
• Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required.
• Performs any other duties as assigned
3. Place Of Performance and Reporting
• The position will be based in the Local Impact Project’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the CLA Director.
• There may be some travel to provincial offices.
4. Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in a field of preferably in Computer Science, IT,Statistics, or a related discipline.
• At least 8 years of experience in designing and maintain websites, MIS and, Power BI or Tableau.
• Experience with digital data collection using Open Data Kit, Fulcrum, iFormBuilder, FormHub or other online or offline digital data collection solutions.
• Experience with data analysis using R, Python, SPSS, or Stata or other statistical software.
• Fluency in English and strong writing abilities.
• Ability to solve complex technical and ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries.
• Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
• Good computer, web and publishing skills (MS Office, Joomla CMS, RSS feeds, Adobe Suite).
• Demonstrated capacity to promote knowledge sharing and knowledge products and systems.
• Thorough understanding of current Knowledge Management technologies, including Web
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to the Human Resource Manager on the following address LIrecruitment@dai.com by 17:00hrs Friday September 30, 2022. No telephone inquiries. Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be considered. Finalists will be contacted.
DAI Global LL Inc. celebrates and embraces diversity, respects cultures in which we work, and treat everyone, everywhere with professionalism and dignity. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic background, including persons with various disabilities, apply and become a part of the organization.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.