Jobs at:Mabiza Resources Limited
Deadline of this Job:
16 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Laboratory Analyst X 1
Reporting: Laboratory Chemist
Job Purpose: To analyse samples submitted to the laboratory safely, and with the highest degree of accuracy.
• Carry out safety inspections to ensure that all equipment is safe to use, and that subordinate staff work safely.
• Identify and report any unsafe practices and equipment to the Lab Manager immediately.
• Ensure cleanliness of the laboratory and the application of good housekeeping practices.
• Report any insufficient chemicals and stock needed for the laboratory in good time.
• Perform tasks from time as required by the Laboratory Manager.
• Provide guidance to all subordinate staff on laboratory safety and quality.
• Perform tasks from time as required by the Lab Manager.
• Help with the maintenance of the Quality System.
• Ensure compliance with procedures, instructions, and methods of analysis.
• Ensure that the maintenance, calibration and verification of all apparatus, equipment and instruments are updated.
• Help to co-ordinate results of the proficiency testing schemes.
• Complete all quality related documentation as required per shift.
• Ensure the accuracy of all results and certificates generated.
• Ensure all paperwork in your area of responsibility is completed correctly.
• Report any non-conformances to the Lab Manager.
• Aid the Lab Chemist in his duties related to the laboratory, as required.
• Help control the operations of the laboratory and its staff compliment.
• Help run the day-to-day activities of the laboratory.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Diploma in Science Lab Technician
• Tertiary education in Analytical Chemistry is preferred.
• 3 years minimum testing laboratory experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to;
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16th October 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.