Vacancy title: Learning Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Internet , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at: Impact Network
Deadline of this Job:
07 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Impact Network Limited (ZINL) works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, ZINL is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in Zambian community schools. ZINL works in Katete, Sinda and Petauke Districts in Eastern Province. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
The Learning Officer is responsible for leading the revision and development of curriculum for early childhood education through Grade 7 students at all Impact Network schools with the aim of expanding and enhancing our implementation of the eSchool 360 model to improve the quality of education in community schools. This position requires strong knowledge of primary school teaching and curriculum, excellent technology skills (including use of excel and offline, tablet-based apps), and as well as strong skills in coordinating projects and effectively communicating with a variety of team members.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Lead the work to continuously improve and update annual plans and schemes of using a variety of resources, including locally developed materials, Mwabu digital lessons, Zambian textbooks and other digital applications.
• Support the implementation of new and pilot programs in Impact Network schools for class subjects and enrichment programs.
• Ensure that all lesson resources developed are in line with the Impact Network’s Curriculum Framework and/or the Zambian National Primary School Syllabus and other government priorities.
• Review and evaluate a wide variety of resources to determine if they align with designated topics and specific outcomes and are engaging for students and teachers.
• Liaise with the local Curriculum Development Center for input, advice and approval of developed curriculum resources.
Assessment and Data Coordination
• Coordinate the development of termly exams.
• Coordinate termly assessments for Impact Network and in line with MoE initiatives.
• Use surveys and other means to collect data from schools and teachers, such as exam results, termly attendance, school-based assessment scores and manage student identification numbers.
• Provide a monthly feedback report on programs including feedback from teacher supervisors and education program officers.
• Supervise the Curriculum Coordinator and Data Assistant to ensure high quality outcomes.
• Meet weekly with program managers to assess school needs in regard to core academic programs.
• Participate in curriculum field visits with the goal of improving core academics resources and programming at schools.
• Support development and delivery of teacher training programs.
• Additional tasks based on organizational needs.
• Teaching diploma with 3+ years relevant work experience required, degree in education preferred.
• Exceptionally organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong understanding of how to develop curriculum resources that support student needs and align with government requirements.
• Experience working with rural community schools.
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal in Cinyanja and English.
• Tech skills: Typing, E-mail, Word, Excel, online and offline applications.
• Punctuality, reliability and strong attention to detail.
This position is based in Katete, Eastern Province with frequent travel to Sinda and Petauke.
Compensation is based on education, experience and suitability for the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.