Lecturer - Pedodontics
Jobs at:The Copperbelt University
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, August 14 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University's core business is Teaching, Research and Community Engagement as a service to the nation. The University as an equal opportunity employer hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment as PROFESSOR/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER at the MICHAEL CHILUFYA SATA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - NDOLA CAMPUS
To design, develop and produce learning and teaching material, and to efficiently and effectively deliver teaching programmes to undergraduate students in accordance with the University's strategy, policy and procedures.
Statement of main Duties
Participates in administrative duties in areas such as admissions, timetabling, examinations, and assessment of progress and student attendance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Attends academic events and networks with other researchers and field experts.
• Identifies areas where the curriculum is in need of revision or improvement and contributes to the planning, design and development of objectives and material.
• Supervises student projects and the academic elements of field trips, and, where appropriate, placements.
• Reviews duties regularly with the Head of Department/Programme coordinator and discuss ways of improving performance.
• Performs teaching duties and invigilation of examinations including tutorials and seminars. supervises theses, dissertations, practical work and placements;
• Develops and Uses appropriate learning, teaching, support and assessment methods. Selects appropriate assessment instruments and criteria, and continuously assesses the work and progress of students by reference to the criteria and provides constructive feedback to students.
• Ensures that module design and delivery comply with quality standards and regulations of the University.
• Undertakes original individual and collaborative research leading to significant advances in relevant fields.
• Publishes in national or international refereed Journals and books.
• Maintains contacts and collaboration with peers in other universities and academic institutions and keeps abreast of recent advances in the field.
• seeks time for higher post-doctoral training and experience by working closely with more experienced colleagues who share a related area of expertise.
• Offers counsel on projects and other academic activities; as well as promotes the well- being of students.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
• Basic Medical/Science Degree - MBChB, BDS, BSc or equivalent
• Postgraduate qualification – MMed, MDent, MSc or equivalent
• PhD in a relevant field will be an added advantage
• Minimum of three (3) years of lecturing/research experience
• Grade 12 or Form V Certificate with Five 5 'O' level Credits or better including English Language and Mathematics.
• Must show proof of active membership and Registration with a professional body
Required Competencies and Behavioural Attributes
• The applicant should have demonstrated experience in teaching across a range of programmes, proven research and publication background.
• To supervise and assess students at undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and contribute fully to the work of the department.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are necessary for undertaking the teaching of students.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above specifications should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and three (3) names of referees, two (2) of whom must be Professionally acquainted with the applicant.
The applications in hard copies should be submitted to the undersigned not later than Friday
14th August 2023 or soft copies to email@example.com
The Copperbelt University
Plot 4692, Jambo Drive, Riverside
PO Box 21692
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.