Vacancy title: Logistics and Distribution[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics , Category: Transportation & Logistics ]
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, June 10 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management, and credit facilities.
Distribution Manager: You will be reporting to the City Manager
Your role as a distribution manager is to organize the storage and distribution of goods. You’ll ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing, and monitoring the flow of goods.
Understanding the whole supply chain is important so that you can coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• use IT systems to manage delivery times and transport costs
• use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
• use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
• allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
• manage staff
• understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce
• continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs, and rising environmental pressures
• implement health and safety procedures
• manage staff training issues
• motivate other members of the team
• Consolidate and approve timesheets
• Ensure timely delivery of the orders
• Create and enforce KPIs for the team
• Create and submit budgets for the department
• Prepare reports
• Authorize hires for your department
• Create and enforce processes
• Communicate and resolve grievances
• Analyze unit economics and propose improvements
• 5 years of distribution management experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, CILT membership
• Excellent understanding of distribution management procedures.
• Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Leadership skills.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong people skills.
• Available to work extended hours.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.